Getting better, then a bad day or two!

I JUST STARTED TAKING PROZAC 5 MG, AND HAVE BEEN FEELING BETTER FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS( AFTER 2 YEARS OF BEING DIZZY). BUT THE LAST 2 DAYS I HAVE BEEN FEELING A BIT LIKE MY OLD DIZZY SELF. HAS ANYONE HAD A FEW BAD DAYS THROWN IN THE MIX WHEN ON THERE WAY TO RECOVERY??

that’s what i want to start on a very low dose of something like celexa. does the prozac take away your dizziness and did you have head pain or pressure what were your other symptoms - help anxiety? I’ll let someone else answer the questions about the good and bad days after starting meds but i can tell you that i have a good day here or there but then i’m sick again it has gone on like this for many years but the past two months have been horriible and prob only had about 5 decent days in that much time. i’m just curious what the prozac is helping and what your side effects are i have heard it helps people with moods i know people that don’t have MaV that it has helped a lot

Chris

Hi Chris, Yes the Prozac seems to be helping with the dizziness and anxiety, but for the past 2 days I have had the dizzies creeping back in. Maybe I need to up the dose!

well i sure hope the dizzies go away soon!!! mine come and go all the time that’s what i hate about this the unpredictability. Did you just start on prozac again then? I need something for anxiety that’s for sure i think that’s a big part of my problem right now. do you get migraine headaches also?

chris

Hi
That is a very low dose of Prozac…the usual dose starts at 20mg, and goes up to over 100 in some severe cases. I think it’s safe to say you should go up. Your body will adjust, and since it’s helping, you might as well ride the wave. it’s an easier drug to get off of too, thanks to the week long half life, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you got better on a higher dose.
Kelley

Thanks Kelly, I will!