Has anyone heard of a PFO relating to migraine?

Hi,
I started having some symptoms about 4 months ago with dizziness (lightheaded, not spinning) and light nausea that was intermittent. I also noticed I had some vision disturbances, but they were so strange I couold not describe. I only knew that when I was “seeing”…it seemed different somehow. No one could really relate and I had a hard time explaining it. I went to the neurologist as it was something I had never experienced. He ran all sorts of tests and ruled out everything but a PFO. For those that don’t know…the condition is basically a hole, or flap in the heart that allows the blood to run through both atrium/chambers, and therefore brings blood to the brain that is not as “clean” as it should be. The blood that flows is meant to go to the lungs. They did this test with a trans doppler cranial test…they put an IV in and check to see if the bubbles flow to the brain and bypass the lungs…
My neurologist is certain that my migraine issues are caused from this. There is another forum that discusses it at length, and most of those people have had bad migraines their whole lives, and also have had strokes and TIA’s…
I have an appt to speak to Dr. Hain next month. I don’t know if he’s familiar with this concept, but it would be interesting to know if he is. There are many cardiologists familiar with it and they do closure of the hole/flap and say it has been very good at preventing future migraine.
IT’s all so confusing and scary…but I wanted to bring up this subject in case it was helpful to anyone.

There have been some studies and a lot of talk on the internet about this topic. I think that the headache Drs differ on whether they think there is a real correlation or not. I dont know but I too would be interested in what others have heard…