Headache/pressure

South west.

Cool

Why the question?

Was just wondering if you lived near me x

Mine has been over a month now and still really suffering

Ive looked at my diary and i had bad / worse headaches all of August into September and i had Botox on 3rd August so i went 4 to 5 weeks before it settled down and gave relief.
Jo

Wow. Did it give you head pressure or foggy head?

I just felt like my headache intensified and i also got neck pain for a while after as well
Plus my eyelids drooped for several weeks. But im reaping the benefits nowā€¦my headache is sooo much better. Just need the dizzy spaced out feeling to leave me now
Jo

And, I donā€™t?

I live in the west midlands

You just missed me, by a few years. I somehow expected you to say that. Odd? I used to work in Birmingham and live in South Staffs butmI come from the South West and eventually came back home.

i donā€™t think your area is very well served for this condition. We are no better off here either. All experts are London/South East and it makes a difference. I did see a consultant in Leiecester advertising on line but long ago. Iā€™m so sorry you have so far been unable to find a drug to give you some relief. Helen.

Did u see dr Peter Rae?

No, I havenā€™t seen him. I didnā€™t have MAV whilst living in The Midlands. Helen

I have the same. My MAV has intensified since having the botox for the first time on 25 September, so itā€™s just over 3 weeks. My eyes canā€™t focus either and seem blurry and tired/heavy. My headaches are worse around my eyes, especially my left eye and my head feels heavy/foggy. My forehead all feels tight and uncomfortable. I am also dizzier than before. I hope like you Jojo65, this settles down. I have heard of others on FB sites say that it can take some time for the botox to work and then by the 2nd one it gets even better. I am really in two minds about going back for more botox now.

I wonā€™t be getting it done again for sure. Mine has been since the end of August and I stil havenā€™t got back to baseline yet. Iā€™m very disappointed as I really thought it would help but instead Iā€™m feeling worse

1 Like

Morning
All i can say is please try and persevereā€¦its VERY early days and Botox isnt an instant cureā€¦its cumulative and i had much worsening of symptoms after both treatmentsā€¦so did a friend of mine who had Botox for Classic Migraine. My 1st treatment was 18th May and 2nd August 3rd. My daily chronic headache has reduced 70%+. Dont give up if theres a chance you can battle through thisā€¦im on a cocktail ofā€¦Gabapentin, Venlafaxine, Botox, Magnesuim and B2 and ive gone through HELL since Nov 2014.
Let me know how you get on
Jo x

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience with botox Jojo65. I am due to have it again in January. Iā€™m also on 35mg Nortriptyline, which does help with head pain/pressure but doesnā€™t help with auras and also makes me very dry in the mouth/eyes. Seems to be the thing with migraine meds, might help with one thing but adds side effects, so have to be weighed up which are worse!