Healing process

Hi. As we discussed before there are very few people here on Flunarizine so we don’t know that much about it. I have read that it’s effect is cumulative and it can take a long time to work. Experts do state all preventatives can take a long time to work. Up to four months is often quoted.

As you know I take Propranolol and I have experienced vertigo attacks that lasted more than a week and spent intervals of a week and more in bed unable to stand. Some people on here have spent much longer sustained periods in bed. Months in some cases. For some idea of timescale have a look through my personal diary. My MAV went chronic in December 2014; I’m still ‘getting my life back’. Propranolol for me was a slow worker and it is very dose dependent. I was lucky in that, retrospectively, it seemed to stop most of my acute bedridden vertigo attacks from the word go. Not, of course that I knew that at the beginning. Other symptoms reduced very gradually over many months. Nothing was so sudden that I can identify any specific time periods apart from saying it took 8 months before it started, intermittently at first, to stop the 24/7 dizziness. Everything else was, and still is, a gradual slide back to my pre-MAV state.

There was no moment when I said ‘ This is It, I’m better now’. All symptoms seemed to ease up intermittently at first, then, return. Gradually staying away longer each time. They didn’t just stop. That regularly surprised and disappointed me.

I think Amy’s recent phone conversation with her consultant recently most likely sums up expected MAV progress:

Helen

2 Likes