Help, I've got Oscillopsia

I have been dealing with this for 8 months and the neurologist thinks it’s MAV. Do u know if the oscilliopsia goes away once things are under control? It’s driving me crazy. Thanks

Oscillopsia is common with most vestibular conditions apparently. If you use the forum’s search facility you will be able to pick up quite a lot of further information on it.

1 Like

Thank you.
I have had fullness in the ears, head aches, violent vertigo, head aches that lasted weeks, wobbly and jumpy vision, lights shooting out of my eyes, nausea, the whole world would move as if on a wave, ear fullness. Sometimes the floor would be half way up the wall. Angles are difficult. Not to complain but I have gotten through what I believe is the worst and have trained myself to get through most situations. It’s the wobbly vision that I’d lake to tame. 2x Caloric tests were fine, no brain tumors. 2 Ent’s, 2 neuro opthamologists, now 2 neurologists. MRA tonight and neurologist on Thurs to begin meds.

Sounds like MAV. The visual vertigo gets better with medication but it takes a while. Once you get to a stable spot, you might try vestibular rehab therapy. We get mixed results around here. It was a life saver for me.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to respond and giving me hope.
I’ve been doing VRT for approx 1 1/2 months. I don’t know if it is having any positive benefits. Mentally,there is a benefit as it has become part of a daily routine which is good for me. Perhaps I haven’t stabilized sufficiently enough to see a physical benefit (yet). I hope you are doing well.
All my best,
Andrew

1 Like

I had this and it was hard for me to read anything.
Axon Optics Glasses worked and the Oscillopsia was improved 100% to where I can read. Sometimes I still get it, but if the Osillopsia is really bad, the glasses will help tremendously!

This image links to a product members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

Axon Optics Migraine Glasses (US store only)

1 Like