Hit My Head...Help

Last night I hit my head when raising up in the closet. There does not appear to be a bump where i hit my head but today it is sore to the touch and I keep getting this pulsation feeling right in that one spot…almost a waviness in that one area. It does not hurt real bad, it is sore but the pulsations is what is bothersome to me. Is this something I should be concerned about…

When I took a nap earlier it woke me several times with the pulsations and being sore. I felt a little nauseated when I woke up (but I do get that from time to time anyway). When it pulsates it hurts or feels very strange …What should i do…do I need to go to the doctor?

Usual disclaimer about “I’m not a medic, etc,” but here’s what I would do.

1. If I can’t see the spot yourself, have someone else, a friend, say, look at it. Make real sure there’s no skin break that could be getting infected. If it might be broken, I’d shave if necessary to clear the spot, and wash any cut, and neosporin and cover it.

2. Even if it’s just a bruise, I’d try ice. (15-20 minutes max at a time, not right against the skin).

Keep us posted, if it doesn’t resolve quickly.

There is no cut or broken skin at all. There is what appears to be a small bump but I do not see any bruising yet.

The soreness and pulsation are still pretty persistent. I have tried the ice it does not seem to make any difference. Still feel a bit sick to my stomach.

I have an appt with my neurologist in the morning so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and it will be okay. Hope he will have them do a scan or MRI just to make sure.

I’m glad you checked with a doc. Heads are pretty tough, but every once in a while, a head blow can have ba-a-ad consequences even without causing unconsciousness.

How did the neurologist appointment go Timeless? And how is the head?

Brenda

— Begin quote from “Brenda”

How did the neurologist appointment go Timeless? And how is the head?

Brenda

— End quote

The head seems to be fine but I will not be going back to that neurologist , he really made me mad. After he had run a bunch of test and said he was going to make sure and get to the bottom of all of this…he looked at me and said “I think it is anxiety, that is what is going on”

Really would you not have anxiety if you had been sick for two years with little if no answers. Needless to say he is clueless about MAV or much of anything else that does not fit in the “box” that so many of them use to treat people. That is just not good enough for me and I will keep searching til I find a doctor that is a good fit. It may take me the rest of my life, so be it…all I have these days is time …since I no longer have a life. I was more than mad when we left the place but i will keep moving forward and chalk it up to another bad experience.

Hey Timeless,

he looked at me and said “I think it is anxiety, that is what is going on”.

It’s almost laughable when I hear this again. If we had a dollar for the number of times that was said to someone with MAV we’d all be on a fully paid trip to Hawaii sipping mineral water (wishing it was a cocktail) by the pool.

To say the least, I would be FURIOUS if I heard that from my doctor.

Book

— Begin quote from “bookworm”

To say the least, I would be FURIOUS if I heard that from my doctor.

Book

— End quote

Needless to say that was my reaction as I did not find any humor in those words at all. After I got over being mad, I just wanted to cry as the lack of understanding and or compassion in the doctors I have encountered so far. Listen to your patients, think outside the damn box every now and then, and do not throw everyone who you cannot diagnosis into the “anxiety” bowl. i know that it is a real disease so I am not diminishing it at all…but please don’t tell me that when you just have no other answers. I have to now call his office and get a copy of those records which is such a pleasant experience…I guess I am just over the whole cycle and want some concrete answers.