The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

How do you manage migraine in the Times of COVID-19 Pandemic

This pandemic is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. I have been facing an enormous problem in getting optimum care because of difficulty in access, forced social isolation, and encountering a health system that is getting rapidly overwhelmed.

How do you manage migraine in the Times of COVID-19 Pandemic

Lack of access to health care has been an issue for me, too. The only thing you can do is work the rest of the steps.

De-stress

COVID despite the hype, hysteria and propaganda, really isn’t all that deadly though in a rare few cases it’s serious. The US CDC says 94% of people listed as COVID deaths died with it rather than of it. The average age of a COVID death is 80 with an average of 2.5 comorbidities. Nearly 45% of COVID deaths are in nursing homes despite only representing 7% of cases. VM is not a comorbidity danger for COVID. COVID is serious but not worth panicking about. Here in Washington State, the 2018/2019 flu and pneumonia season was 27x more deadly than COVID has been. I say these things to remind you fear is a tool, you don’t have to accept it. Let go of as much stress as you can.

All the rest of it

• Follow the migraine diet and leave out all alcohol, caffeine and your own triggers.
  • Hydrate and get adequate electrolytes.
  • Follow proper sleep hygiene.
  • Stay away from screens and other light triggers.
  • Get as much exercise as you can tolerate.
  • Pray, meditate, read or do whatever works for you to get in a more calm and spiritual state.
  • Take your supplements if you have them.
2 Likes