How does everyone cope, has anyone had these symptoms?

— Begin quote from “Timeless”

I know this is going to sound weird but something just clicked when you said something about the shower. I found that the showers always made me feel worse when this all started especially the warm or hot water.

— End quote

I’ve had the same experience. The closest I’ve come to losing consciousness after all this started was during a hot shower, and all of my worst nausea has been right in the middle of my shower. Yesterday, when I almost threw up in the shower again, I immediately turned the water to a cooler temperature, and I was able to get control of my nausea. I mentioned this to my ENT, and he said he thought that was just a normal response to hot water (you know, the black spots you see if you get out of the tub too fast). I’m starting to think I didn’t explain myself clearly enough, and it’s nice to know I’m not crazy. :wink:

— Begin quote from “Wobblyjess”

— Begin quote from “Timeless”

I know this is going to sound weird but something just clicked when you said something about the shower. I found that the showers always made me feel worse when this all started especially the warm or hot water.

— End quote

I’ve had the same experience. The closest I’ve come to losing consciousness after all this started was during a hot shower, and all of my worst nausea has been right in the middle of my shower. Yesterday, when I almost threw up in the shower again, I immediately turned the water to a cooler temperature, and I was able to get control of my nausea. I mentioned this to my ENT, and he said he thought that was just a normal response to hot water (you know, the black spots you see if you get out of the tub too fast). I’m starting to think I didn’t explain myself clearly enough, and it’s nice to know I’m not crazy. :wink:

— End quote

I am going to mention it to both my ENT and neur the next time I go, I know it has made a difference when I use the cooler settings.

Dizzyinaz -

I know your symptoms all too well. I never tried a benzo, but I think one may help. I always tossed around trying one but never did. I think the “dips” are the worst. When are you going back to the neuro? It is so frustrating because it is hard taking care of others when struggling with this. Hang in there. It will get better. Our symptoms are so similar.

Nance

Brian…well said…regarding the benzos. :-)…i personally believe some people have more of an addictive personality than others. Just my opinion.

Joe