How long does it take for the weakness to go away?

I’m sorry I haven’t replied lately. I went to see John Oas at OSU on Monday. Turns out I don’t have vestibular disease!! He tracked it down through my German heritage and I carry a migraine gene from my mothers side. Anyway, he took me off all the crap the neurologist had me on and just in the last two days I feel like a new person!! I’m not weak, I drove for the first time today since 12/22. I have to take it slow, and I have a lot of therapy ahead but I’m optimistic. I go back on 3/17 for audiology and vestibular testing. Finally getting that ENG after all. There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel! :heart::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Well that cocktail of drugs was seriously OTT. I had pretty severe symptoms at one stage and it was amazing how little meds I needed to control the bulk of it. Great news you’ve got better advice. Let’s see how you go from here!

Great news, Scrappinmom! So glad you’ve got the right diagnosis. Hope every day is better till you’re right out of the tunnel and walking in the sunshine again!!:boom: