The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

I am new and grateful for this forum :)

Hi everyone,

I am so happy to have found this forum.

I am a 31yo male living in France and have been suffering with VM for 12 years ON and OFF (had many years symptoms free) but found out about VM only few weeks ago.

My first bout of VM was when I was 19. My GP told me it was stress and anxiety. It resolved on its own and let a happy life for 4 years when VM hit me back with a vengeance. Once again Doctors said it was only Anxiety. Took me a solid 2 years to feel back to normal again.

And now I’m in a 7 months VM episode. But this time I have been diagnosed with VM by both an ENT and a Neurologist. Needless to say that doctors in France are totaly clueless and misinformed regarding VM.

It feels very “weird” to look back on 12 years of your life and realize that your problem wasn’t psychological after all.

I am so glad to have found a website like this one where I can read people stories and relate.

Thanks a lot for accepting me among this community.

Edouard

4 Likes

Hi Edouard. My story is totally as yours: years of dizziness with “anxiety” diagnosis, which is what doctors say when the don´t have a clue, but instead of being honest, they just come up with this “label”. I also discovered this website a couple of days ago. Check out all the post, this is what I am doing at the moment.
Hope you find a good combination of treatments and get better soon.
Best wishes
Helena

5 Likes

So true, I had a solid year of VM before I even heard of the term “VM”. I thought I was going insane and about to die. :crazy_face: :skull_and_crossbones: So yeah, welcome to the forum!

4 Likes