The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

I Need Help

Hi All,

Unfortunately, I am not new here, but I do feel like I am starting from square one. Long story short, I developed symptoms in the Fall of 2015, finally started medication in the summer of 2017, came off of medication in 2018 and was doing well for a while with just lifestyle and supplements. For most of 2019, I did not have a strict routine and I was not on medication. Slowly over the course of 2020, I feel that I have regressed to a point that I don’t even remember having in the beginning. For example, I feel like I feel worse than I did when this started, if that is even possible. Here is what I am currently doing/experiencing:

Supplements:

-Vitamin D, B-Complex, SAM-e, and iron
-Exercise or walks a few times a week
-I try to eat at regular times with meals but not always
-Mostly regular sleep/wake schedule

Symptoms:

-Tinnitus (it is a mild electricity sound that I developed almost two weeks ago and has not gone away)
-My right ear feels weird (I wouldn’t describe it as “full” exactly, but it feels off)
-Constant sense of motion (I notice this feels worse towards the end of the month after my period. The motion can also vary. Sometimes I feel really dizzy and other times I barely notice it.)

This past week has been pretty hard. It feels hard for me to walk around and even drive. I feel like my ear and my brain are in a battle and it is throwing me off.

I really don’t know what to do at this point. In the past, I have had an MRI, MRA, hearing tests, balance test, etc. I also want to mention that I have recently lost about 40 pounds, which took me a long time to do. I feel like I may have to go back on medication for a bit but I am terrified because I really don’t want to gain weight.

Can anyone please help me and talk to me? I think it would be really helpful to talk to someone and get some ideas of a plan of where to go from here. I know there are many people struggling outside of myself, but I really need someone right now. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Camille’s Diary

Have Closed this since you already introduced yourself before back in 2017. Have moved the posts to a Personal Diary. The first post is a Wiki you can fill in the details of. Be wary of Markdown formatting. Try not to delete the formatting.