I think it started as something else

Ive had a good look through the forum and I think mine started as something else first mayb labs or VN as I was very poorly (major vertigo and dizziness) for two weeks before then I improved a lot.
But now Im left with residual dizziness , mornings are the worst I have like mini vertigo spins with head movement and major woozy head and then I gradually improve to the point of feeling nearly normal until late evening when I go more dizzy again.
I am a migraine sufferer though anyway . I get regular headahes about 3 times a week .
But does anyone go dizzy in bed rolling over etc ? I keep testing negative for BBPV I think thats frustrating the doctors as Im the classic case.
How normal are those symptoms for MAV?
Ive had the sermont and epley manover and it does nothing at all I dont even go dizzy at the time when they do it. I have kind of a background dizziness all day though but it dosent take me over its ‘just there’.
Some days are great :smiley: I feel ‘nearly’ normal other days are horrible and I feel bad all day.
Do you think this thing gets worse or do you think its hit a peak. Thats what Im hoping for anyway . Would love to just feel normal in the mornings again its only been 5 months for me and I am forgetting what it felt like .
Its like a permanent hangover really (but worse).

Hi Blondie

— Begin quote from ____

I think mine started as something else first mayb labs or VN as I was very poorly (major vertigo and dizziness) for two weeks before then I improved a lot

— End quote

I think that applies to a lot of us Blondie, including myself.

— Begin quote from ____

But does anyone go dizzy in bed rolling over etc ?

— End quote

Is grass green!! A massive yes to this one. I can only sleep on my right side because of this.

— Begin quote from ____

I keep testing negative for BBPV I think thats frustrating the doctors as Im the classic case.
How normal are those symptoms for MAV?

— End quote

I think they are extremely normal. Really. Nothing strange about them at all.

— Begin quote from ____

Do you think this thing gets worse or do you think its hit a peak.

— End quote

I think it’s such an individual condition that it’s difficult to answer in absolutes. It seems to be an illness of peaks and troughs but it’s so unpredictable that it’s very hard to forecast a precise prognosis. Some people do find relief a lot sooner than others either by lifestyle changes or meds, or simply the passing of time, but for others it’s more difficult to get back to their normal baseline. Personally I would say that many times I’ve got worse, hit a peak and what felt like rockbottom with it, and then gradually improved so that I had some sort of life again, til the next episode. So for me it’s a bit cyclical, with no pattern to the cycles at all. I’d had MAV for many years but my worst experience by far started with what was diagnosed as labrynthitis.

Wishing you well

Brenda

Blondie, I also get dizzy most of the time when I lay down, turn side to side, etc. It varies from week to week. I definitely don’t have to have a headache when this happens. It has helped me to add another smaller pillow on top of my regular pillow so that my head is elevated more. You’re not alone. It is all just so very frustrating. At least we all have a place we can go to where we all understand. I pray your condition goes away completely and you feel normal again soon.

Blondie,

While I don’t get any rotational type vertigo by rolling over in bed, I can’t sleep on my right of left sides comfortably at all. The effect is anxiety (the feeling like I have to keep taking a deep breath) and some visual instability. If I lie flat on my back it all stops.

Scott

Yes I normaly have to sleep on my back , although I have rolled over the past few nights and I dont get vertigo hardly now its just ‘swimmy’ , when I lay down last night didnt even feel dizzy but this happens sometimes and the next day its there again.
If only we knew what to expect everyday.
Ah well its pay day today , would love to go out and party but it look like its , me and Britains got talent this saturday night lol