I'm lost

Hi Everyone,

I’m not really sure what to do…I’ve been taking Celexa 20 mg (SSRI) for more than 2 months now. It hasn’t help my dizziness so much but has taken away most of my headaches and I have more energy.
I know Celexa isn’t a medicine Dr. Hain usually prescribes for his patients but I asked him if it was ok for me to give it a try, so he gave it to me.
I’m not really sure what to do next. Should I add another medicine to see if that will help? … or should I up the dose even more (the max is 40 mg) or should I stop taking it and start something else like Zoloft or Cymbalta?

I haven’t been able to get a hold of Dr. Hain for a week and I feel really lost…

Emma

Hi Emma,
Sorry you are in this dilemma without access to Dr. Hain yet. He is probably the best one to direct your treatment. However, it is great that at least you have some headache control and increased energy. My doctor says that the headaches generally get under control first before the MAV symptoms. Has there been even the tiniest bit of improvement in any of your MAV symptoms? What are they? What meds have you tried in the past? Perhaps adding another class of meds to the celexa may help the remaining symptoms. I hope you hear from Dr. Hain soon. Hang in there.
Best,
Lisa

Emma,

I still wonder why some meds help with headaches, but not the darn dizziness. Verapamil took away my headaches, but I didn’t have success with the dizziness. There is, though, a drug out there that will help with the dizziness. I know Dr. Newman in NY gives pts verapamil with an SSRI. That did the trick for Howie who sees Dr. Newman. Hopefully, though, at a higher dose maybe the celexa will do the trick. I hope Dr. Hain gets back to you soon.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for getting back with me, it’s nice to get some support!
NYLisa, I’ve been feeling a tiny difference in regards to the dizziness, but it’s varies from day to day. I still feel off balance…
I have tried Topamax, Effexor and Paxil without success.
MAVLisa I think it’s weird too, that the meds only take care of the headaches but not the dizziness. I’ve been thinking of trying Verpamil but I don’t have a prescription for it yet, and I still haven’t heard from Dr. Hain …
Isn’t Dr. Hain still your doctor? Didn’t you see him a while back?

I might just increase Celexa to 30 mg and see if that makes a difference … I’ll let you know how it goes. :frowning:

Best,

Emma

Emma - good memory. I did have an appt with Dr. Hain in April, but I ended up being seen by Dr. Cherchi for the majority of the time. I am going to see Dr. Rauch August 11. He has a great reputation and is MUCH closer to where I live.