Implanon

Hi girls,

Is anyone else on Implanon/ the contraceptive implant?

I saw an occ health doc the other week who mentioned that although he wasn’t seeing me on a treating basis, he had all my notes from gps, physios, neuro, ent and had noticed none had mentioned contraception. He asked me if my headache migraines had increased in severity or frequency since I had the implant in my arm put in. I realised that they had increased after about 3 months slightly and obv the vertigo only started 4 months ago, so 9 months after having the implant.

He suggested I go to the migraine clinic in London to see what they thought…

My thoughts are, I’m worried if I have it taken out, my hormones would go a bit hay wire and I might end up suffering more…

I wondered if anyone had any experience of this or something similar, or any thoughts?

Thanks girls xx

I have never had this form of birth control, I was however on the pill for about 5 years, but I have been off for about 5-6 years now. My headaches were awful on the pill! I loved how it decreased my other period symptoms but I was having headaches all the time while I was on it. It may make things worse for a little while, but who knows you might actually improve later with it being out. I hope someone who has more experience with this can answer for you.
Rebecca