Improvement with Gabapentin

Hi all, just wanted to give some of you a bit of hope. I’ve suffered with Mav for many years. It had got so bad it had pretty much removed all fun in my life and I had become a shadow of my former outgoing, confident self. I went from travelling the world on my own with work, to being frightened to leave my home to go to the local shop without support!! My symptoms were dizziness, dreadful pain in the shoulders going up into my neck making my balance go, auras, anxiety during an attack as it often felt how I imagined a stroke would, CONSTANT feeling that ‘everything looked funny’, aching eyes, severe light sensitivity, you all know the drill, the list goes on…!
Anyway, after trying propranolol, amitriptyline, chiropractors, acupuncture, physiotherapists and spending a small fortune with zero improvements, I’ve been started on 300mg of Gabapentin a day.
This has been prescribed by Professer Bronstein (the first doctor to actually listen to me in detail!). He recommended I start on 100mg the first week, then increase to 200mg the 2nd week and so on until I saw improvements. I am currently on week 3, still only on 200mg and have not had a migraine in 8 DAYS!! I know this doesn’t seem like a long time but I was in DAILY pain before! I still have my usual ‘slightly drunk feeling’ but no more pain, achy eyeballs, pain in light or loss of balance! At such a low dose it does not make me drowsy either!
I know I still have a long way to go but this has been the only glimmer of hope I’ve had with any medication so wanted to share in case it helps anyone else! :blush:
Thanks, Pheenie x