Is this ok?

I’ve bought ‘heal your headaches’, but I’m not getting it for at least 5 days, and I really want to start eating ok now.

Until I get the actual book, would these food-items be ok to eat:

organic rice (the one you cook for 40 minutes)
Eggs
Chicken (breast?)
organic milk
some vegetables, but not sure which…

would much appreciate any help. Thanks!

— Begin quote from “MikaelHS”

I’ve bought ‘heal your headaches’, but I’m not getting it for at least 5 days, and I really want to start eating ok now.

Until I get the actual book, would these food-items be ok to eat:

organic rice (the one you cook for 40 minutes)
Eggs
Chicken (breast?)
organic milk
some vegetables, but not sure which…

would much appreciate any help. Thanks!

— End quote

The rice is fine, I use brown rice but either is not listed as a trigger.

Eggs should be fine…though I have hear of some that have triggers from them but it is not listed on the list of things not to eat.

Chicken and organic milk should be good…

Vegtables use fresh not processed…no sauerfrout, pea pods, certain beans lima , fava, navy, and lentils or broad itlalian, no onions but you can have Shallots, spring onions, and garlic.

No caffenie, no choclate, no MSG, no processed meats (chicken will be fine I bake mine with butter and garlic and sometimes add ginger) no aged cheese, no nuts , certain fruits …oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes, tangerines, pineapples…you CAN have apples, pears and strawberries…

This should give you a start…I tried to find the diet online but cannot maybe Scott would know where to locate it…we had it posted at one point on here but I am not sure where it is now.

Drink a lot of water it helps you stay full …

plus eat a lot of small meals instead of three large ones …

Good luck…

thank you so much timeless! =)

Food Triggers: There is a very long list of potential food triggers, and it can be difficult to eliminate the main culprits from the diet. But people who have successfully brought their migraines under control without medication recommend this route most often.

Triggers may include:

* Artificial sweeteners - Especially aspartame
* Refined sugar of any type
* Caffeine - Some medical professionals recommend caffeine to stop a headache, but this usually only works well at the onset of a headache. It may make the pain worse if taken later in an attack, and some sufferers report that caffeine withdrawal then brings them on again. Migraine sufferers should probably limit their use of caffeine. ( this is a big trigger for me and it causes rebound effects) 
* Chocolate - Chocolate is a common migraine trigger, having both caffeine and refined sugar, but more importantly a potent amine compound which has been shown to be able of triggering a migraine on its own. Occasional use may not set you off, but daily or frequent use is not recommended. If you find yourself getting migraines multiple times a week, try to stay away from chocolate.
* Nuts - Especially almonds, but any kind may be a trigger
* Cheese - Especially aged cheese, these products contain the second strongest amine found to trigger migraine. Cottage cheese is not usually a problem.
* Alcohol - Red wine is an especially common trigger. If you find that you have a gluten sensitivity, beer may be a trigger as well.
* Wheat or Gluten - May be hidden on food labels as 'modified food starch', or 'vegetable protein'. If gluten is the problem, most grains are off-limits. Not only wheat, but kamut, spelt, semolina, durum, oats, barley, and rye. Tabouli is right out. Rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet, buckwheat (not related to wheat), and bean flours should be safe. A cookbook series called "The Gluten-Free Gourmet" can help if you get stumped on what to use in place of wheat-based bread and pasta in your diet. If you do have a problem with wheat or gluten, the reaction may be cumulative and not manifest in immediate headaches. (Gluten sensitivity may, but does not always, indicate celiac disease, a hereditary inability to tolerate gluten. This is most common in individuals of Northern European descent.)
* Dairy intolerance - A sensitivity to dairy may lead to a highly acidic state in your body, making you more susceptible to other migraine triggers. Leaving dairy out of your diet if you try an elimination regime can sometimes help you feel better more quickly even if dairy does not trigger migraines.
* Nitrates (Commonly found in processed meat, but also a range of products)
* Pineapple
* Pork
* Shrimp
* Pickled Herring
* Avocados
* Corn
* Beans
* Peas
* Lentils
* MSG 

An elimination diet, removing all suspect foods, should be tried. Often people find at least one or two foods that will trigger a headache within 30 minutes to a couple hours. Sometimes there are more culprits, but eliminating them all is the only way to be sure that these food triggers really are affecting you. If your migraines decrease substantially in frequency with these foods gone, you can begin adding them one at a time every four to seven days after you’ve been feeling good for a few weeks. If your migraines do not decrease with an elimination diet, at least you’ll have eliminated another possible cause.

The difficulty with an elimination diet is that sometimes a food trigger may act in combination with other things, and not cause a migraine every time you eat it. Also, avoiding a food for a long time may decrease your sensitivity to it. With gluten or dairy sensitivity in particular, the reaction may be cumulative, where constant overexposure will build up to make you highly sensitive to any trigger. Some foods (gluten, dairy, refined sugar) may act to decrease your ability to eliminate problem foods from the body, and taking them out of your diet can decrease your sensitivity to other triggers, making you feel better even if you do not always have a direct reaction to them. For these reasons, an elimination diet can be unsuccessful if you remove only one suspect item at a time from your diet.

While trying an elimination diet, be sure to drink plenty of water and get several serving of fruits and vegetables every day. It may work better for you to minimize dairy, citrus, vinegar, and processed foods as much as you can so your body can better clear out any accumulated toxins.

Some people have reported that fresh foods are much better for migraine sufferers than preserved or aged foods. For example, red wine and cheese are common triggers, but fresh milk and grapes are not. Compounds called amines are suspected; they are naturally present in chocolate, and form in foods like cheese with the aging process as a byproduct of bacterial activity. Amines have been shown to be able to trigger migraines in clinical studies.

accessmednet.com/prescriptio … d-triggers