It all starts today!

I had my infamous “last meal” (and drinks) last night for New Years Eve…today I try to begin regaining my life.

I am headed to the store and scouting out everything that I have avoided for the past 4 years…vegetable, fruits, etc :smiley:

My question for you, the experts:

Is there a rough timeline on when someone would expect to see some sort of change in their vestibular status when beginning a MAV diet?

1 week?
1 month?
1 year?

Just curious…

I will still be contacting Dr. Baloh on Monday to arrange a clinic appointment at UCLA…but this is my first shot at this (regarding the diet)

Thanks and Happy New Year … I am ready to kick this “thing” in the A## !!! Enough is enough :x

It can take a few weeks to a few months depending on what foods may be causing you problems.

The hard part about the diet is that the change is slow, not overnight, so you may not even notice it at first. Then a month or two later, you notice that things seem better.

When I removed caffeine I did notice a fairly rapid improvement in the dizziness. Other improvement from following a strict migraine diet has been slower (it has been 2 months now) but I have noticed a decrease in headaches and fatigue - Lisa

I too noticed a major diff within weeks of dropping caffeine. A month or two strictly on the diet and I was doing rather well except when the weather knocked me for a loop or I missed a lot of sleep.

— Begin quote from ____

Is there a rough timeline on when someone would expect to see some sort of change in their vestibular status when beginning a MAV diet?

— End quote

For me, it’s pretty much instantaneous. If I stop eating the trigger foods, I feel 100X better within about 24-48 hours. Stay clean and it gets better.

Good luck.

Todd
Did you get an appt. with Baloh?
Kelley

— Begin quote from “scott”

For me, it’s pretty much instantaneous. If I stop eating the trigger foods, I feel 100X better within about 24-48 hours. Stay clean and it gets better.

— End quote

I’m envious! I still can’t be sure that giving up the caffeine has made any permanent difference - in fact I fell off the wagon as far as other foodtriggers go over Xmas (cheese, some chocolate and other lovely things) and didn’t notice any difference - in fact I had a pretty good 10 days…NOT helpful for my motivation :lol:

Regarding my upcoming visit with Dr. Baloh…

I called UCLA today.

They needed my ENT to fax a referral with outlines my medical condition and highlights the necessity to see him.

They graciously sent that today…so tomorrow I will call for an appointment.

Sounds like they are approximately 1 month out.

Worst case scenario…I will be leaving behind our -4 degrees for a couple days of sunshine :smiley:

Todd