Ive never had true spinning vertigo, is it still mav?

if some one has never had true spinning vertigo is it still mav??
i’m so confused

Watch Dr. Rauch’s clip on migraine associated dizziness: he describes a floating sensation, or a feeling of imbalance.
meei.harvard.edu/shared/oto/rauch.php
I think this might help.
Kira

Yes, MAV can cause any type of imbalance, dizziness, including rotational vertigo and it can be continuous.

In the distant past many doctors only diagnosed MAV when it was clear there was a correlation between a single headache, and an episode of vertigo. e.g. vertigo, followed by a migraine headache. This is not still the case, fortunately.

Thanks Kira,

Thanks ive been involed in a forum for 2 years now and many papers articles sent in make people believe fast spinning vertigo is the only way mav presents itself not the rocking, so its all good.
cheers jen

I agree this has been a real problem.

Luckily, a few articles like one posted here the other day from John Hopkins, and the eMedicine article on the front page mention the varying types of dizziness MAV is responsible for.

Hi Adam, i’m Up way too late , have to sing at a wedding today just researching,any way , three weeks on verapamil and yeaterday and today my rocking is at a one out of ten so i’m bursting at the seems.
thanks for that , ive jioned in on conversations o this forum , and forgot how informative these articles are , havent looked at the updates , thanks so much all your hard work, just a note , or question, every time i receive a email , I try to retrieve it and find it gives me a message that this url isnt responding ect. and takes forever to get back on to this site or to anyone, sorry, it may be a glitch i can fix, if you know what it means. thanks so very much for all your help .
jennyd. 13 years rocking. no help!

thanks so much Kira, I’m trying to get my hubby to download the player , with little success. dough!!!
it dose look like it would have some good stuff on there though, arrrrrrr

— Begin quote from "kira"

Watch Dr. Rauch’s clip on migraine associated dizziness: he describes a floating sensation, or a feeling of imbalance.
meei.harvard.edu/shared/oto/rauch.php
I think this might help.
Kira

— End quote

apparently I have had MAV for decades, but never had spinning vertigo more than twice in all that time. Most of the time it makes me feel like I am walking everywhere on sofa cushions and I would lose my balance constantly and bash into things.

After treatment, I am so much better— it is just great. I with this for you also. good luck.