Just one more way this disrupts your life

I called today to make another dentist appt and they would not make one since I have had to cancel the last few I had due to my smytoms being so severe I could not go…

I understand their point and I know it cost them when I have to cancel, but she agreed to let me call on the morning or mornings I am feeling well and they will do their very best to work me in. I know they have to draw the line but it just stinks this disease just messes up all areas of your life.

This illness definitely disrupts our lives. On top of that, it is very difficult to have an illness that many people do not understand. I’m sorry about your appt.

— Begin quote from "MAVLisa"

This illness definitely disrupts our lives. On top of that, it is very difficult to have an illness that many people do not understand. I’m sorry about your appt.

— End quote

Thanks Lisa …just one more frustration to add to the mix…as if the existing anxiety is not enough.

— End quote

I’ve had this problem before. Ugh! In other things (aside from dr appointments), I make NO plans. Making the move from raising asthmatics to now dealing with this - I don’t do sign-up sheets or make promises of attendance to anything. Friends and family get it. Of course, most dr’s either choose to not ‘get it’ or really don’t care so long as they get their $$.

— Begin quote from "marie-johanne"

— End quote

I’ve had this problem before. Ugh! In other things (aside from dr appointments), I make NO plans. Making the move from raising asthmatics to now dealing with this - I don’t do sign-up sheets or make promises of attendance to anything. Friends and family get it. Of course, most dr’s either choose to not ‘get it’ or really don’t care so long as they get their $$.

— End quote

I know my son told me yesterday that my brother wanted us to come for Thanksgiving…no way I could plan that far ahead and plus they have a lot osf scents at their house and all the noise , etc unless things improve I doubt I will be going…but I want the rest of my family to go they can not stay home just because I cannot go…just drives me nuts.

Speaking of fragrances - took my patient to WalMart. On a whim, she heads her wheelchair down the candle aisle to see the picture frames. Let me take a moment here to comment about the incongruity of placing these two items in the same aisle.

Mind you, fragrances have never before bothered me. But sometime between my crash and now, someone has upped the olfactory volume in that aisle. I wound up waiting for her on the end-cap, fighting the nausea.

FUnny - since the Verapamil, the majority of the brain fog is gone but all kinds of new stuff are showing up.

And another inconvenience?

Paying BIG BIGS to try this med and that and not being able to finish the one before another is recommended! I mean - it’s not like you can sell this stuff on E-bay, yanno?

— Begin quote from ____

Paying BIG BIGS to try this med and that and not being able to finish the one before another is recommended! I mean - it’s not like you can sell this stuff on E-bay, yanno?

— End quote

Maybe not eBay, but maybe on a street corner in a bad neighborhood somewhere. While everyone else is hawking cocaine and dope, we’ll have a monopoly on the blood-pressure-medicine market. That, and … ever been approached by someone on the street asking you, in a hushed voice, if you want to buy some Topamax?

On the bright side, we’ll be well-stocked if any of us ever decides to open a pharmacy.

Alrighty then…another disruption?

Because it’s not enough for me to search for my keys or purse on a daily basis, I now have to remember to take my meds THREE times a day AND where the hell I put my sunglasses! Seriously!

And has anyone else been thoughtfully reminded by someone, “Did you know you’re still wearing your shades?”

Let’s go for a little humor today.

Let’s see…Beneful, Bran and colace. Don’t have to go until, of course, I get to church…or am on to the pharmacy for meds. Does the Divine have a sense of humor or what?! Oh yeah, baby! I’m full of 'em…it…erm…

Same thing happened to me with my GYN… I could make one, but I want to go on a Saturday when my husband can come with me…can’t make anymore Saturday Appts, because I have been a bad girl and CXL too many times due to this horrid condition!!!

Pam