Leaving the country

Has anyone noticed an improvement in symptoms by taking a car to the vacation destination as opposed to air travel? Or, are all you folks who experience an improvement flying?

— Begin quote from “Brenda”

— Begin quote from “missmoss83”

Hey Fairy Godmother!

How the devil are you doing??
Long time no speak. x

— End quote

Hiya MM, yeah, too long! Gosh, I was just thinking how great it would be if I could wave my wand, sprinkle fairy dust on everyone and see us all free from VM and back to ‘normal’ lives. I’d do it in a heartbeat if I could.

As for me, well, it’s been a rough year to be honest. I’ve hardly been able to keep up with myself and essentials, let alone anything else over and above that. Throw in a heap of unforeseen curve balls, an increase in work load and a falling off the diet wagon (well who wants to eat rice cakes when feeling depressed and hubbie’s chocolate is there in front of you?!) and bingo, you have a recipe for disaster!

Mind you, it’s really highlighted to me how important lifestyle is and for me especially, as I’m not on any meds, how the diet is key. I knew it really, just hoped I could get away with it I guess. But learned I couldn’t. Doh!

I love your idea of setting up a little place as a substitute get-away. A brilliant suggestion, I’m going to think about that one. I think sometimes we have to work with what we have as opposed to what we wish we had.

Anyway, I’m blowing some fairy dust your way and hoping it does the trick…

Brenda

— End quote

Great to hear from you FGM but so sorry to hear it’s been a rough year for you…

Having said that, for me too, this year has highlighted how important lifestyle is. Which I think means actually, this year is a positive and productive one in some ways as we are now better placed to manage this thing.

“Sometimes we have to work with what we have as opposed to what we wish we had”… You really are amazingly wise and come up with spot on sentences that take me 3 paragraphs to witter on about. Thank you :slight_smile:

xx

— Begin quote from “KennedyLane”

Has anyone noticed an improvement in symptoms by taking a car to the vacation destination as opposed to air travel? Or, are all you folks who experience an improvement flying?

— End quote

Absolutely. Since I don’t have outright migraines, one doctor diagnoses me Mdds, as opposed to my earlier diagnosis of MAV. I recognise so much on this forum and in Scott’s description of silent migraines and constant vertigo, though. But when things get really bad and I’m worrying about a brain tumour, I get in the car and remind myself that it’s just this stupid syndrome. :?

The problem is, driving around feels better – but it can ricochet and make it worse later. In my experience, in the beginning it was a very obvious feel good in motion, feel dizzy the moment I stepped out. But now it’s more spaced out. So maybe the original poster feels better for a longer period of time after a flight, and the dizziness comes back after returning home.