LESS dizzy when I get headaches

I’ve noticed a pattern over the past few months. Anytime I get a headache, a bad one or a small one I notice my rocking doesn’t seem nearly as bad. Has anyone else experienced this? Dr. Kaylie mentioned something about balance going up and down during headaches to this must be the cause but it’s a nice break from the dizziness, although the headaches are no fun either!

I saw a research paper out that said exactly that! Now I cant find it, but i Think it came out of India
they showed this patter n in 20 subjects

This exact thing is happening to me. I have been getting more headaches and less rocking. I actually prefer it that way, though I might change my tune if the headaches got more severe/painful. I find it easier to ignore the headaches than the rocking. Also, the headaches have been lasting a few hours, not days/weeks like the worst rocking episodes I’ve had.

That’s so interesting. I’m curious as to the reason behind it. I prefer the headaches too! That’s so sad!

I also notice that when my headaches are bad the rocking and dizziness is not as noticeable. And like you I prefer the headaches to the dizziness. At least I can walk without feeling like I am falling over. This disease sucks!!! Peace,

Karen

Well, for me it’s the other way round. When I’m less dizzy I get a headache. It may be that the brain is trying to cope with the dizziness and works a bit harder, thus the headache…who knows

I am not sure that is the other way around: i thin for some of us at least, that IS the pattern: with one, the other goes away

— Begin quote from “medunja”

Well, for me it’s the other way round. When I’m less dizzy I get a headache. It may be that the brain is trying to cope with the dizziness and works a bit harder, thus the headache…who knows

— End quote

The same is true for me: either headache or dizzy. Of course, they overlap some, but usually I’m complaining that I have a headache or that I’m having a dizzy day, not both. At first I thought the dizziness was worse, but since I have a desk job that requires a lot of thinking/concentration, I prefer the dizziness. I find that my thinking is more clear with the dizzies than with the headache. Now, I’ve got a new twist: bad tooth pain ever since I had a lot of dental work done. I’m waiting for it to get better on its own, but no very optimistic. Last night I woke up with horrible tooth pain like I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with either a horrible headache or vertigo. In all cases, I wake up in the morning without a trace, go figure.

seems the operant understanding is that the vertigo is the aura to the headache? Is that correct?
If so, I dont think that his right for me.

I seem to be more dizzy when I have a headache and actually if I take Motrin our some type of painkiller to help the headache my dizziness lessens,.but thats only when I have both a headache and dizziness at the same time.