Light headed

I have had MAV for seven months now and had an MRI and tried all sorts of medication. I thought my medication was working for 2 weeks but its back. I eat just fruits/veggies and stay way from sodium. I am so lightheaded along with the dizziness. I work full time and Struggle with this. My neurologist said its possible it will go away on its own. Does anyone else get very light headed? I can’t figure out why it would come back.

Thanks,

Hi Katie

Sorry that you are suffering so much. I dont come on here often and thats because I am finally almost free of the dizzies and MAv/labs whatever it was!!

Can I ask if you are on Nortriptyline or a similar drug? I had to come off the drugs I was on due to them making me so light headed, and it has helped tremendously.

Dont give up hope it does get better.Try follow Dr S’s diet you will find alot of info on it on here, No cheese, chocolate, citrus, MSG (chinese food) anything preserved, red wine, chainti, and it helps, also try to wake up and go to bed at the same time every day, the migraine brain doesnt like change, excercise as much as you can handle, and it will get better.

X feel better soon, mrs lala x :slight_smile:

Hi mrslala:

Thanks so much for responding. I am taking Nortriptyline. It worked for 3 weeks than it seems to have stopped working. I have only been taking 10 mg and if I take anymore it will increase my dizziness, so I stay at 10 mg. It got rid of the dizziness but its back. I think this whole MAV thing is so weird. It went away for 4 years while I was in college and now it’s back and worse and does not want to go away. Thanks so much for listening to me.

Katie

— Begin quote from “Katie”

I have had MAV for seven months now and had an MRI and tried all sorts of medication. I thought my medication was working for 2 weeks but its back. I eat just fruits/veggies and stay way from sodium. I am so lightheaded along with the dizziness. I work full time and Struggle with this. My neurologist said its possible it will go away on its own. Does anyone else get very light headed? I can’t figure out why it would come back.

Thanks,

— End quote

You don’t mean that literally, right? Not having enough protein in your diet could contribute to feeling light headed. There are lots of migraine approved proteins that you can include.

When are you lightheaded? All the time? Does it come and go or just occur when changing positions? As to why it would come back, well, sadly MAV tends to wax and wane. Sometimes we can identify a trigger (poor sleep, diet, stress, etc.) and sometimes it seems as though there is no rhyme or reason. Some medications we take for MAV can also have lightheadedness as a side effect. If you don’t keep a headache journal already, it might help to keep one as it can help you identify triggers you may not have already noticed.

Hi

I will start a journal. I have thought it might be protein. I am a vegetarian so I eat fruits, vegetables, beans, and eggs. Once in a while I do eat meat on rare occasions. I try to eat healthy and I think I will add more protein and see if that helps. Thanks for your reply.

Katie

Hi just thought I’d let you know if your following the diet your not supposed to eat eggs. X

— Begin quote from “shenay.e”

Hi just thought I’d let you know if your following the diet your not supposed to eat eggs. X

— End quote

I will no longer be eating eggs. I avoid meat because of the nitrates that are in them. I suppose I can eat fresh water fish from the health food store.

Thanks

Hi, - This might be a bit left field, but how is your blood pressure?? I know meds can also effect this. Causing you to be Lightheaded. just a thought. All the best. Good luck with the diet.

— Begin quote from “clarityseeker”

Hi, - This might be a bit left field, but how is your blood pressure?? I know meds can also effect this. Causing you to be Lightheaded. just a thought. All the best. Good luck with the diet.

— End quote

My blood pressure is always normal, it never is low. Thanks for your reply.

Hey katie - So many women have a bit of anaemia. Me too, lately and certainly lightheadness comes to the party, particularly if you havent had it before but have had mostly vertigo.

It can take a while to creep up and then a while to solve. Feeling crap all the time with VM it is easy to overlook. With all the testing it is very likely to be connected with a low protein diet i had to have for several months after a severe autoimmune/medication reaction. Had to eat mostly veges and really limit meat and other protein foods. Anyway its one of those things it is easy to get checked if you think. Good luck with it all :slight_smile: