Liqueu(eueue)rs/ Cordials?

Has anyone tried select cordials? I figure the citrus-based ones–triple sec, curacao, sabra &c. might be iffy because of citrate/citric acid. The chocolate and coffee ones might or might not contain caffeine. The anise- and nut-flavored ones might or might not be fine, and then there’s plenty of others such as mint-flavored. Liqueurs are actually about my favorite tipple, but I’ve stayed off them since the dx.

I used to enjoy a sherry or 2, but not off the menu…apart from that not really a liqueur drinker

Hi David,

I had a few Cointreus (orange liqueure) the other night. Big mistake. Still paying. Mind you it followed a night of several glasses of wine and pizza with pepperoni so, you know, self to blame there…

Vic

Ouch! I hope you really enjoyed the indulgence whilst indulging, Vic.

— Begin quote from ____

Mind you it followed a night of several glasses of wine and pizza with pepperoni so, you know, self to blame there…

— End quote

Wow, that would be superhuman for me. I’d be on a drip in the ER after Cointreau and pepperoni pizza … but what a way to go!

Don’t get me wrong, I had a GREAT night but here we are Tuesday and I’m STILL paying for it. I needed 2.5mg of Valium this morning which was a big help. Halmagyi is right - it should be in the water - I was a delight to be around for the rest of the day :lol: ← see, still laughing!

aaah Vic you make me smile! :smiley: