Loud pub = dizziness and then headache

So today I was at the Beach Hotel in Bondi with a mate watching the first heat of the Miss Bondi competition for 2010. Great fun and great eye candy but the music and the girl and guy screaming into the mic introducing the girls was nearly unbearable. I woke up today with a totally clear head and went into the pub with a clear head. Two hours later I walked out and my ears were ringing from the noise so bad I could barely hear anything. So I got home and sat on the couch and the room was moving in my vision, computer screen all over the shop. That lasted one hour, stopped, and then the headache from hell began and is still here now.

How crazy that sound can set this off! Any of you guys had this happen in a loud place? :shock:

Too much excitement Scott :smiley:

Did you drink? I hadnt drunk any alcahol for years but when I went to a rather tense xmas do a couple of years ago I had one glass of wine and it threw me into real spinning vertigo.

I have been to noisy occasions since (the kareokee nowadays is sometimes unbearable on the ears) and not had a problem with it. Actually, come to think of it, the cinemas make me dizzy nowadays after a film, too loud and screen up too close.

Christine

very noisy situations can make me feel a lot worse if Iā€™m feeling bad already, but I havenā€™t known noise per se to trigger an attack

are you sure it was the noise? maybe Bondi girls are a trigger for you :lol:

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œscottā€

So today I was at the Beach Hotel in Bondi with a mate watching the first heat of the Miss Bondi competition for 2010. Great fun and great eye candy but the music and the girl and guy screaming into the mic introducing the girls was nearly unbearable. I woke up today with a totally clear head and went into the pub with a clear head. Two hours later I walked out and my ears were ringing from the noise so bad I could barely hear anything. So I got home and sat on the couch and the room was moving in my vision, computer screen all over the shop. That lasted one hour, stopped, and then the headache from hell was kicked began and is still here now.

How crazy that sound can set this off! Any of you guys had this happen in a loud place? :shock:

ā€” End quote

Itā€™s not the noise my friend, itā€™s your roving eye. God is punishing you :wink: .

ā€” Begin quote from ____

are you sure it was the noise? maybe Bondi girls are a trigger for you

ā€” End quote

I should have a headache every day of my life here then. I canā€™t walk to the bus without passing a Bondi babe ā€“ daily whiplash, yes! :lol:

I just remembered a night out 2 years ago in a massively loud pub where there was a live band playing. I was in there for a good 2 hours and I recall the same result. Ringing ears when I walked out, dizzy and then the headache came. Lasted 24 hours. No booze, nothing.

Christine ā€“ yes, I drank. I was living on the edge with soda water while my mate knocked back about 4 pints of cider. Lucky sod.

I havenā€™t been to a busy, noisy pub or club since all this began which is a shame as Faithless are playing in my town this week and I would love to go. But itā€™s all I can cope with to go to the shops or a quiet pub/restaurant as anything more starts the ringing and pain in my ears then the dizziness then my brain starts to shut down with system overload. As for alcohol, not a drop has touched my lips for nearly 3 years either. But I must say Iā€™m enjoying the calmer life and donā€™t spend as much money as I used to.
Sian

so sorry you are suffering :frowning:

I used to love to go out dancing and stuff but I canā€™t even imagine doing that now. Figures about 4 years ago they banned cigarettes in public places and i canā€™t even go out now. Certainly donā€™t drink any more havenā€™t in ages and ages.

I get very envious of people that are out having fun. I have a friend that is constantly on the go - sheā€™s single and just go go go and sheā€™s just a few years younger than i am but doesntā€™ heave health issues like i do.

I havenā€™t been able to listen to music much in the last two months since i got sicker either - i love my ipod but i havenā€™t been to the gym to listen to it. i usually just watch tv at home when on elliptical.

i was just watching rerun of the Sopranos and the old guy on there = the uncle - was on house arrest and just miserable. Sometimes i feel like Im on house arrest too!!!

Scott iā€™m glad you got out to see some eye candy but sorry you had to pay the price of a headache.

I feel like i have a hangover almost every day now with no fun the night before.

chris

Hey Scott are you feeling better this morning?

Hi Scott,

Loud venues are a really bad trigger for meā€¦I think itā€™s an excitability trigger. Itā€™s a kind of chaos that a sensitive brain canā€™t handle. Iā€™ve been in a few situations like that lately that have set off both a headache and off-balance sensation.

Kim

ā€” Begin quote from ____

Hey Scott are you feeling better this morning?

ā€” End quote

Thanks for asking ā€¦ woke with the same headache I fell asleep with. Visual vertigo cranked up on my Mac but otherwise things seem to be fading. I expect today will be worse than usual until the end of the day. One more good sleep should see it completely die. Iā€™m supposed to go to heat number 2 next Sunday! I think Iā€™ll have to look like an idiot and wear some sort of ear plugs. But then I donā€™t know how Iā€™ll be able to chat to my friends. Ridiculous. Why on earth do they crank the sound up so much in the first place? Totally unnecessary. :evil:

could you pop a valium before or as you arrive to counteract the effects?

I donā€™t think valium will stop it from actually happening. It might dampen down the dizziness but I think it would probably still trigger an attack. Itā€™s worth a try though!

You could try plugging your ears with Valiumā€¦