Mav symptoms

O.K. I have read the Menieres forums and the Mav forums. It appears that with my symptoms I have MAV. I am dizzy daily. Had a vertigo attack in 2006. Visual elements really
mess me up. Especially in large dept. stores! At first I thought it was my imagination, but have read enough here to know plenty of people experience the same problem.

I just have to know , since I am new to this site- has anybody ever put together a list of questions that might determine if there is indeed a "common denominator " here that would
suggest one or two likely causes???

For example: History of allergies, Head trauma (Car Wrecks), Mold exposure, genetics, recent nasal surgery, virus, etc. I know this is reaching, but like Menieres there are so many
people afflicted with MAV that I have to wonder if these “MYsteries to Medicine” are more prevelant today than decades ago?

I have seen questions like this asked in the past but I don’t think there has ever been any clear cut answers. It never hurts to ask again. I too wonder what we all have in common. For me, I have no history of allergies or ear/nose/sinus problems. I did hit my head in a car accident in 1998 and suffered a concussion but had no headaches, dizziness or pain afterwards. My migraine headaches began 3-4 months after the birth of my 1st child in 2002. Then 3-4 months after the birth of my 2nd child in 2006, my MAV began. For me, it appears to be hormonal. I have a family history of migraines but no one with the vertigo component. I’m the first…lucky me! I would give anything to go back to the days when I “just” had to deal with the headaches.

P.S. I too have terrible problems going into stores. It took me awhile to figure out why I always felt terrible until I realized fluorescent lights were a huge trigger for me. I think the rows & rows of merchandise and the crowds of people don’t help either. Sometimes too many people having conversations around me can be enough to set it off too. The visual component to my symptoms is what led me to the MAV diagnosis long before my doctors got there.

dizzygrl-you mentioned improvements on nortriptyline. just wondering what dose you are on.
I also think the MAV was hormonally triggered. I suffered from headaches and migraine with aura for years, which got worse when on birth control pills. I, too, would give anything to go back to days of just head pain. Then I ended up getting MAV. I strongly think BCPs triggered this, and I am currently pregnant which made my symptoms even worse.