Meditation causing Alice in Wonderland Syndrome?

we had a meditation workshop at work this evening, whereby a guest meditation expert came and gave us a talk on what meditation entales and we all practiced a few exercises as well.

Now this has happened to me before when closing my eyes and doing breathing exercises but I didn’t think it would happen again. I was sat up straight and focusing on my breathing (as was everybody else in the room) and I suddenly got the feelings like I was miles away from my legs, they felt heavy and everything felt slightly warped. This feeling of feeling far away was also with my eyes closed so it wasn’t a visual thing, something like a heightened sense of my surroundings.

I can only liken it to the so called Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. I am actually scared to try meditation now in case it keeps happening… or should I just do it and try breaking through it?

I wonder if its because my MAV brain is so heightened and sensitive that as soon as it becomes slightly relaxed it somehow affects my MAV and I experience these weird sensory perceptions.

The guy taking the workshop did say that when we meditate our actual cortex gains mass, like it expands or something… not sure how true that is but maybe it affects me in this way.

FREAKY!!!

Look at the bright side–lot’s of people pay dealers MONEY to get that feeling :lol:

— Begin quote from “whosthatchick”

Ive posted about this before. I get true spinning vertigo and a similar feeling like i’m flying away from the floor when i meditate or do yoga. Only when i’m doing breathing exercises with my eyes closed. It’s because by removing our visual sense, we no longer have a way of focusing ourselves and our bodies lose where they are in space. The physio told me this.

— End quote

I am exactly the same WTC… only when doing breathing exercises… why doesn’t it happen when we are laying in bed though and only when concentrating on breathing exercises?

Ive posted about this before. I get true spinning vertigo and a similar feeling like i’m flying away from the floor when i meditate or do yoga. Only when i’m doing breathing exercises with my eyes closed. It’s because by removing our visual sense, we no longer have a way of focusing ourselves and our bodies lose where they are in space. The physio told me this.

In bed we are supported and our heads are usually propped up, when meditating we are either lying flat on the ground; or, we are sitting upright with no supports - our body doesn’t know where it is in space because we have closed our eyes and our vestibular system is sending the wrong messages to our eyes and ears due to the migraine. This will stop when the meds calm down the migraine, don’t worry.