Migra medic supp. update

OK, so about a month ago I posted that I had bought the all natural “snake oil” supplement called "Migra Medic from the Internet. I’m here to report my findings. FYI I believe that my migraines amped up right at the onset of peri-menopause, which I’m in a daily battle with!

It took about 2 weeks to arrvive and it came in a tiny box wrapped in linen that was hand-stiched closed. It came through international customs, I beleive from India. So in the box were 2 plastic bottles that looked like any other normal bottles of supplements that you would find at WalMart.

Today was Day 14 of me using Migra Medic. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I have to say that I REALLY DO THINK THAT THEY ARE HELPING WITH THE HEADACHES!!! I have not had ANY migraines in 14 days (yes, I need to give it another 2 weeks to be fair), and I even think that it has chased away a migraine or two. The website makes very clear that Migra Medic is NOT an abortive…it’s a preventative. So far, I think that it’s done both. Unfortunately, it has not helped the dizzies. Maybe it would help the dizzies on someone else and not the headache----who knows?

I was all prepared for some gasto-intestinal upset, but, nada! When I researched the main ingrediants, I saw that gastro problems could be an issue.

I really didn’t want to post unitl I hit the 1-month mark, but I thought, what the heck? I will most certainly post at the 1-month mark, but until then, I’m not missing a single dose! I’m actually going to re-order since it took so long to arrive the first time.

So, this “snake oil” that I succumbed to could just turn out to be something!! I’ll keep you updated.

Linda

Hi Linda,

What are the ingredients?

:slight_smile:

Scott, I was curious, too, so I pulled up their website. The stuff’s fairly pricey, but they actually offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied the first month. So, if nothing else, the folks who make it are convinced it works (for the headaches, anyhow). The ingredients aren’t what I was expecting… I was thinking it’d be the usual butterbur, magnesium, etc. Anyhow, here’s what they list:

Lavendula Stoechas - French Lavender flower powder and extract
Lavender has been traditionally used for headaches, sinus issues and migraines. It is native to the Mediterranean basin and has been used since Greco-Roman times as a remedy. The Lavender herb is analgesic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory and a nervine, acting to calm the nervous system. It fights anxiety, depression and nervous tension. There are different parts of the Lavender plant that can be used. MigraMedic harvests the young flower of the Lavender for use in its migraine formula.

Chebulic Myrobalan fruit extract
Cherbulic Myrobalan is an exotic, green-colored fruit native to India. It has been used for thousands of years for its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties. It is a strong nervine, with a nourishing, restorative effect on the central nervous system, and has been traditionally used to help headache sufferers. In addition, it is an adaptogen, helping the body deal with stress.

Beleric Myrobalan fruit extract
Beliric Myrobalan is a tree whose fruit has strong medicinal properties and has long been used to treat head pain, among other issues. Beleric myrobalan helps bring balance and harmony to the body. Like Chebulic Myrobalan, it is an effective anti-inflammatory and nervine.

Emblica Officinalis - Indian Gooseberrry fruit extract
Indian Gooseberry is an ancient herb that originates from India and has been used for thousands of years to help people deal with nervine problems involving stress and anxiety. It is a relaxant and promotes healthy cerebral circulation.

Senna leaf extract
The Senna leaf is a well-known laxative, with cleansing and purifying properties. It aids in the overall effectiveness of the remedy.

Ipomea Turpethum - Indian Jalap root extract
Jalap root has long been used in India for medicinal purposes. It is a strong anti-inflammatory as well as a laxative.

Polypodium Vulgare - Common Polypodium root extract
Polypodium is a gentle laxative. It has traditionally been used in the treatment of melancholia.

Cuscuta Reflexa - Giant Dodder seed powder
Giant Dodder seed is traditionally used for its laxative properties. It also helps to cleanse and detoxify the digestive system and blood.

Ginger root
Ginger is carminitive. It aids in the digestion and absorbtion of the other herbs in the formula. In addition, it increases the movement of the digestive tract and acts as a mild anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory and circulatory stimulant.

Black Pepper fruit
Black Pepper acts as a circulatory stimulant. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in the digestion and absorption of other herbs.

Coriander fruit extract
Coriander has many medicinal properties, and humans have been successfully using it for thousands of years. Coriander is a nervine and sedative. It also has anti-inflammatory, anodyne and anti-spasmodic properties.

Mastic tree resin
Mastic tree resin has been used for thousands of years for a broad range of inflammatory issues. It is analgesic. It is also a sedative.

Here’s the link to their site: migramedic.com/information.html

Linda - thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next update!

Erika-Thanks for posting all of the ingredients…it saved me from getting on my reading glasses and squinting at the tiny writing on the bottle!

The ingrediants are like nothing that’s in any of the other migraine supps…which we have all tried before! And, Like Erika said, the 100% money-back refund makes it more appealing.

I ordered mine directly from the Migra Medic website that Erika posted. Amazon also sells it for the exact same price and maybe it would somehow be faster that way, I don’t know. I’m placing my second order from Amazon just to see the difference.

I will keep you posted.

Linda

I just looked at the site. It’s interesting; other than Lavender, for relaxation, and Ginger, I had not heard of any of the other ingredients used in the treatment of migraine, esp MAV. I wonder how the formula was arrived at?

In any case if it helps your headaches that is great, but remember, as an MAV’er, dizziness or disequilibrium is a part of the way you manifest migraine. So your migraines are not gone, yet.

Maybe if it keeps working for the headaches, you could just use Meclizine or something like that for dizzies and not worry about a daily Rx?

Anyway it sounds interesting and I am all for whatever works, for anyone!!

Looking forward to your updates.

K

Yes, while the ingredients seem to be a “new” collection, I’m noticing that a fair number of them are “laxatives” as the company’s trying to somehow deal with the brain-gut connection. For those of us with IBS due to the MAV, the last thing we need is large quantities of laxatives! :shock: It could be worth a bit of researching, though, to find out more about some of the other ingredients that are supposed to be anti-inflammatory and / or nervous-system related, and what kind of effect they might have on migraine.

Yes, I too had noticed that many of the ingredients had laxative issues. I was all ready for that to be a side effect (I do not have IBS, just a quick system) but honestly, I’ve had ZERO stomach or laxative effects at all since I started taking the Migra Medic. FYI.

Linda

Hello everyone, my name is Lisa, and I am a company representative for MigraMedic. I was so pleased to see this post about our product and find out that Linda is doing well on it. I also wanted to answer some of the questions people have asked about MigraMedic. Where do I start? First, the issue of laxatives. Although several of the ingredients in MigraMedic can have a laxative effect, their use in this product is not aimed at relieving constipation as a way of treating migraines. If it were that simple you could just take Ex-lax for your migraines! (Please don’t). Rather, these herbs have synergistic effects on balancing the neurovascular and they also have a side effect of being mild laxatives. I speak with customers all the time, and no one has reported getting diarrhea as a result, but if someone is concerned it is fine to start on 2 capsules a day for the first two weeks and then build up to the full dosage.

The second issue I want to mention is shipping. We are very aware at MigraMedic that shipping times are slow. Currently the product is produced in India, where the ingredients are grown. Most of these ingredients cannot be found elsewhere in the world, and that is what makes MigraMedic such an exciting new product for people who have tried all other remedies and continue to suffer. However, dealing with the Indian postal service has not been a smooth or easy experience and our customers deserve better. MigraMedic is actively working on moving its production facilities to the United States (although the herbs will continue to be grown only in India). Once we accomplish the move we will make an announcement on the website. In the meantime, give it about 3 weeks for your product to arrive, and consider ordering a few months at a time to avoid these issues.

If anyone has any other questions you can ask directly on the support system of the website.

— Begin quote from “Lisaa”

Rather, these herbs have synergistic effects on balancing the neurovascular and they also have a side effect of being mild laxatives.

— End quote

I don’t understand what that means. Can you please explain it in scientific and/or layman’s terms? Once you’ve done that can you also provide an evidence base for the assertion that your product a) acts ‘synergistically’ and b) that it balances the ‘neurovascular’ [sic].

. Most of these ingredients cannot be found elsewhere in the world,…

— End quote

Why not? Is there something unique about Indian soil or manufacturing that these products cannot be produced elsewhere?

MigraMedic is actively working on moving its production facilities to the United States (although the herbs will continue to be grown only in India).

— End quote

Why would you continue to have them grown only in India? Have you ever been to India, particularly farming regions? I have. For a number of reasons - hygiene, quality control and exploitation of workers for a start there are way better places to grow your herbs. Having also dealt with the Indian postal service I doubt you are going to resolve those issues any time soon either.

I’m currently taking migramdeic and thus far it’s worked extremely well, at least better than anything else I’ve used. I’ve had migraines for over a decade and for a couple of years chronic migraines (14-18 month), not counting clusters, daily headache and ice pick headaches. I know, I think I’m driving my Neuro cross eyed. Any way about 10 days after starting it I had no migraines, miracle? Skeptical? 3rd week in I get hit with a big one and that just sucked. But I continued the product and I didn’t have another migraine for nearly a year.* (I would have silent migraines, aura’s and other signs but the pain just didn’t show up). Then I stopped taking the product, couldnt’ find it and they came back with a vengeance. Fast forward I’m on migramedic again and here is what I’ve found:

1. If I took the full dose of the product daily, I’m ok, if I skip around a bit, I’ll get a migraine here and there 1 - 3 in 6 weeks (That’s a miracle for my head)
  2. I still have to avoid all my migraine triggers, food types, gluten, sugar, stress, etc.
  3. I drink a ton of water daily!
  4. I keep a “head” diary…it really helps you and your Drs.
  5. I always, always keep emergency medication with me (abortive and rescue meds)
  6. Migramedic works so very well for my migraines and reduces the frequency and severity of my ice pick headaches, but has done nothing for my daily headache or cluster attacks.
    That’s it. I would strongly recommend it for anyone who has severe migraines and especially those who are chronic. Just remember it is only a preventative and will not take the pain away once it starts (I tried). 2 in the morning with a glass a water and I take two a night. My ER meds, (Frova, Anti-nausea and Soma)

Hi all

Who is trying this? has this worked for anyone?

I’m not convinced this will work but what’s there to lose?

See above post. It works for me, however I know nothing is 100% works for everyone.

I’m still dubious about this but i might try it.

If it was just as simple as take this potion and you will get better then all the top docs around the world would be subscribing this?

Call me an old skeptic but I’m suspicious that the first post from our new member zevszen is in praise of migramedic, the second to confirm same. I hope I’m wrong but I smell Spam…

Plus, we haven’t heard back from ‘Lisa’ the migramed rep.

yeah i spotted that Victoria

Someone told me about this site and I left it., then another told me someone was taking migramedic and I should put my two cents in so that’s all I did. Believe me I’m one of the biggest skeptics out there, I wrote my own carry & pay for the meds I keep on my at all times waiting for the next attack to occur. You may be skeptical I was, still am. I still wake up with a bad headache, I still get ice pick headaches that are a brief attack with the pain of your worst migraine hitting you at it’s apex and occurs without warning at any time anywhere. I still have clusters and their nature alone is enough to drive someone mad. Live in my shoes for a little while and then ask if it’s spam. My own wife didn’t understand it when I said I had chronic migraines, she didn’t think it was possible to live like that. The invisible illness and the stigma it carries with it, is also in the home. It’s on the refrigerator with the number to the ER and the steps to take if I have a bad attack. Spam doesn’t go well with the number of missed events, ruined dinners, barrage of irritability I give out when my head hurts.

No I wish it was SPAM then I wouldn’t have to live through this hell. My migraines may be “under control” but I’m no where near out living in this torment. Have a nice day.

Hi All,

I must have missed this one after my second post. Sorry about that.

I’m going to keep this one here as a lesson in how to identify garbage/ junk treatments on the internet that target incurable diseases like migraine. The linked website is full of all the usual nonsense that most of you all know…but let’s take a look anyway:

— Begin quote from ____

– Using plants that until now have only been available in Asia
– ends migraine suffering by treating the root of the neurovascular problem, rather than attempting to mask symptoms
– proprietary blend of rare nervine relaxants, antispasmodics
– detoxifying herbs have been known since ancient times
– act synergistically
– the experience of countless generations of herbal physicians, blending their historic wisdom with the best modern technology

— End quote

and of course it’s NATURAL.

Pretty obvious isn’t it when you pull out the marketing jargon? If I had a dollar for how often I’ve read that junk … and then of course there’s the price - $40 a month and the “guarantee” which is par for the course with junk therapies like this. Give it a miss folks.

Scott 8)

Yep, Scott,

And esp after Victoria nailed Lisaa the “Company Representative” who never replied?

It’s a crock.

If it is helping, there is a possibility the ginger and lavender are helping with the ear stuff and stress/anxiety, and combine that with the placebo effect…We are SO desperate to get better…

I hate people who take advantage of sick people…

Cancel the subscription, make your own ginger lavender tea, get the true benefits of these healing herbs, save some $$ and forget about it!

K

Hey everyone—

Geesh! Everyone stop and regroup!!! I started this whole MigraMedic thing and I need to speak up!! I just wanted to say that I’m a REAL member of this site (read my posts) and I’m a REAL person who is simply trying to help anyone here by my reviews of MigraMedic!!! I’m amazed how negative and suspicious some here are. I AM REALLY ME…I AM NOT SPAM!!!

I told you I’ve been having GREAT success using the product now for 3 1/2 weeks. Everything that you all are writing will negate the authenticity of my experience and that is insulting to me!!!

Geesh.

Linda

Hey Linda,

Sorry, didn’t mean to get you upset. What got me was Lisaa the Company Rep with No Reply, and Mr Z, the Disappearing New Member.

As you can see from my signature, I take butterbur and feverfew, on the advice of a neuro and also based on past experience (feverfew). I also take supplements, and I am a food-as-medicine type person, who also sees the place of allopathic meds (which I also take) in healing the body and helping the mind. To me, all forms of healing have their place. Well, except for maybe alien chip implants. :lol:

I just get my hackles raised by people who will NOT answer the questions posed about their products. The synergistic qualities referred to in the post by Lisaa were called into question by Victoria(I think it was?) and were not addressed and this to me is not acceptable. It should be VERY very simple to answer that question and it was ignored and I believe, correct me if I am wrong, that as her name is now in black letters she is no longer a member as is Mr Z.

This is just a warning sign, Linda. That’s all.

Also, reading over the ingredients again, I do believe that I have read about coriander and possibly black pepper helping with headaches. So possibly they are helping with yours.

As I said in a previous post, what works for you, works. I just wish they would have been more transparent and forthcoming, as I have a very curious mind and like to know how things like this work. I am planning on going to school to be a nutritionist, if I can ever get well enough to attend!!! And this sort of thing fascinates me.

Again, sorry. Please take no offense.

Kathleen