Migraine Diet - A few questions

Hi,

I saw Dr Surenthiran yesterday and he was absolutely brilliant. He promptly put me on the Migraine Diet for approx 6 months initially. I have the basic handout with all the do’s and don’ts but wondered if some of you could answer a few questions.

No Dairy - He said anything that comes from a cow. I was looking at some Lacto yogurts this morning but they said they still come from cows milk but have an agent in them that breaks down the lactose. I am presuming as these come from a cow they are still a no go even though the lactose is broken down?

Chocolate - A no go I’m told but noticed some of you have white chocolate. Obviously this is free from caffeine and cocoa but still comes from milk doesn’t it so doesn’t this fit in under the “No Dairy”?

No Fresh Bread - He said nothing that has “Active” yeast in it so bread that is a couple of days old is fine. So I’m presuming savoury muffins, packaged bread such as Warburtons etc, pitta breads are all ok?

I am a REALLY fussy eater. Eat no rice, pasta, veggies etc so I am really going to struggle to do this but know I have to try. Just trying to figure out some options at the moment.

Thanks for your help!

x

Yes, store-bought pre-packaged bread has the okay.

If you are simply being treated as lactose-intolerant, products containing other dairy products are okay; if you are being warned off dairy protein as well, you’re out of luck.

Hmmm, the no dairy thing sounds pretty hardcore to start with. I wouldn’t call that a major trigger. Interesting that he suggests killing this first off. i would have thought going after the main ones such as chocolate, nuts, caffeine, msg, nitrites and tyramines would be at the top of the list.

S

— Begin quote from “scott”

Hmmm, the no dairy thing sounds pretty hardcore to start with. I wouldn’t call that a major trigger.
S

— End quote

Pfffft, coming from a man who coats his tongue in cream…

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

Pfffft, coming from a man who coats his tongue in cream…

— End quote

:lol: