Migraines in our sleep

I’m still feeling especially woozy w/ some spinning sensations since discontinuing the steroids. Hopefully, that will ease up in a few days. In the past 2 weeks, I woke up 2 times in the middle of the night with migraine with aura. I have a history of migraine with aura. I have a visual aura for 20-30 followed by an awful headache. Boy do I miss the days when this was my only problem. It just struck me that I can be experiencing this in my sleep more often than I am aware of. just thought that was interesting.

.Hi Lisa,
I’m wondering if affected your hormones or sleeping patterns at all?
Prednisone can give people insomnia.
Prednisone really helped me I’m sorry it didn’t work for you and made things so much worse.

Lisa I used to wake up in the night with aura almost every night, and especially towards morning.
I now realize that when I’d have a really big migraine I’d have a nightmare as well, they were always vivid and violent dreams, I believe the nightmares were triggered by the migraine, and the nightmares were really hard to shake off (emotionally) after waking.

What dose of Prednisone were you on?
I hope things come back to normal quickly for you.

Wishing you all the best
jen

Jen - interesting that you were waking up with aura as well. I took 20mg prednisone for 1 day, and then my plan was to take the medrol dose pack (tapering dose) for 6 days, but I only took it for 3 more days, the equivalent of about 20 prednisone, and then a bit less for the 2 next days.