Migraines in our sleep

In addition to the horrible MAV symptoms, I also suffer from migraines with aura. I am finding that oftentimes I will wake up with an aura in the AM or wake up with an aura in the middle of the night. Last night, I went to bed very early and woke up with an aura at 11 PM. My aura is a typical 20-25 minute aura followed by a headache. Last night, I caught the last 5 minutes of it, meaning that I slept through most of it. What struck me is that I can be having this happen very often in my sleep without even knowing it. I’m sure this only perpetuates all my MAV symptoms. Just thought this was interesting. Boy do I miss the days of just having the migraine with aura and NO dizziness and other strange symptoms.

Lisa, I haven’t had a classic aura during the night at least that I know about but I do wake up quite frequently with extreme anxiety, dizziness, weakness and fatigue. I attribute all of this to my MAV issues and wonder if I actually may be having some type of aura during the night that brings the rest of the symptoms on. I too miss the good old days of plain aura followed by the headache - 2-3 advil and some sleep and I would be better in a day or two! Ben