Migrainous vertigo in children

My 11 year old son has just been diagnosed with migrainous vertigo after 2 years of testing and missing school. All the information I have found only seems to relate to adults. If anyone is in a similar situation and can offer information or management techniques that would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Looking back, I realize that I spent my entire childhood having migraines (including some vertigo), but I wasn’t treated or even diagnosed at that time, so unfortunately I have no information on treatment in kids. I did find this article on migraine and pediatrics - maybe it might help? emedicine.medscape.com/article/1 … aw2aab6c16

I hope someone else with more experience will come along soon. I really feel for him and you both dealing with this at such an age.

I can relate. This all started when I was 11 and I am 32 now. Horrible. I called them dizzy spells, had all the tests in the world and they couldn’t really tell me what was wrong. Looking back on my medical record, the doctor did write down migrainous vertigo? But never did anything about it. Just told me to get involved with activities to strenghten my inner ear- gymnastics, dance- I did okay.

I am now 32 and have gotten worse and found out I have Lyme disease and Bartonella. I am wondering if this was the culprit the entire time. Has your child ever been bit my tick, mosquito, flea? What are the dizziness like for them? Spinning? Rocking? Any other symptoms?

I think just having the diagnosis and knowing he can talk about it to you and his doctor would be of great help in itself.
Thinking back to my own childhood I had travel sickness and was diagnosed with colic due to stomach pains
around 9 or 10 years. I don’t particularly remember headaches but i had episodes where I would go blind and be unable to speak before vomitting.
I also had the AIWS feeling i could go up close then far away from things, auditory and visual hallucinations, fatigue, feeling spacey.
having the bed tilt wildly and a major frightening vertigo episode where I felt like my insides were being crushed in waves while room spinning.
40 years ago you don’t generally talk about these things when you see that look :evil:
I am a left-hander after all!

He may recognise some of this maybe.