Movie Experience

2012 was the movie. Great movie although quite tense. What freaked me out wasn’t so much the end of the freaking world as we know it - but the long tubes of black lights that turned on at the end of the moving. I was immediately thrown for a loop - especially since it played with the solar-system carpet on the stairs going down the ramp alongside an up ramp. The second I was out of there, I had to lean against the wall and proceeded to slide all the say down into a sitting position.

Can’t fully blame the lights. Been a bad day all around. I did my ‘march’ test and within a 15 second period, managed to turn a full 180 degrees.

Not even going to hazard a guess though I suspect it could be higher salt that I’m accustomed to (church potluck last night).

Here’s to a better day tomorrow.

I went to the cinema to see 2012, having successfully sat through Mama Mia a year ago (the last film I had seen at the cinema before that was “Men in Black” years ago, which had made me so dizzy, at the end I was falling sideways (had spent most of the film looking at the floor anyway). It was a new cinema opened locally so thought I would try it. Screen too close up, way too loud, I left before the end. Think there was too much action flashing around the screen (not enjoyable). It turned into an endurance test.

Didnt help that it was a Saturday and these kids were kicking my seat the whole time and throwing popcorn at everyone. Oh well, we have to keep trying these things.

Christine

I was thinking about going to see the film ‘avatar’ in 3d, but given how I currently feel that’s not going to happen I think.

anyone seen a 3d-movie; are they worse than normal films? The actual screen is not bigger (its NOT imax, which I bet is way worse than normal sized cinema)

Hi Mikael,

I would say AVOID seeing Avatar, especially in 3D if you are in a bad MAV way. When I’m symptomatic, even just a bit, going to the movies makes me feel really uncomfortable, at least for the first half hour.

Sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time with MAV right now and I hope things pick up for you.

Vic

Marie,

2012 didnot bother me much at all…i dealt with it pretty good. The movie that threw me for a loop was “Iron Man”. I had to turn my head to the side a number of times. Another movie i would not go see at the theatres was “A Perfect Storm”. With all the waves going about every which way in the ocean…that mimics me too a degree so no need to intensify my symptoms. I soppose i would do better with that film now at home watching it on a 27 inch screen and i can pause it any time if i feel uncomfortable. Getting thru 2012 is a good indicator that i have made progress after 17 years of this hellish condition.

Joe

Thanks for the heads up on the movie, been wanting to see, but I think I will wait for rental. The theater I go to has a ramp to enter and exit. Depending on the and/or the way I felt when going in, that ramp can really mess with me. By what you said, with that little ramp, I think I will wait. :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

Hi Mikael,

I would say AVOID seeing Avatar, especially in 3D if you are in a bad MAV way. When I’m symptomatic, even just a bit, going to the movies makes me feel really uncomfortable, at least for the first half hour.

Sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time with MAV right now and I hope things pick up for you.

Vic

— End quote

Oh, say it ain’t so, Vic! I’m DYING to see Avatar!!! Okay…so maybe not in 3-d…and certainly not at any theatre that has black lights.