Muscle twitching/tremor

Hi All,

I know I’ve posted before about additional neuro symptoms but I’m wondering specifically how many people get muscle twitches/tremor, I get daily tremor in my right hand/fingers and always experience carpal tunnel type symptoms at night, i.e tingling or numb hands that wake me up…I also get twitching facial muscles, how common is this with migraine variants??? Thank u. xx

I get all those things, but not as frequently as you do. I especially notice the twitching if I am very tired, but the pins and needles/numbness doesn’t seem to have any pattern.

My whole vertigo/imbalance and experience with MAV started with my right top eyelid twitching non-stop. Now, when i’m bad, it starts up again !

Weird weird condition, I have pretty much daily muscle twitching, constant pins and needles in my hands and feet…they are milder than typical pins and needles (i.e. when u sit on your foot too long and it goes to sleep) but they are there constantly…I am used to the tingling now but the tremoring hand is a massive pain…grrrrrr I HATE MAV! All i want for Christmas is to walk about without being dizzy please!! :roll:

I get involuntary abdominal contractions.

— Begin quote from “DizzieLizzie1”

Hi All,

I know I’ve posted before about additional neuro symptoms but I’m wondering specifically how many people get muscle twitches/tremor, I get daily tremor in my right hand/fingers and always experience carpal tunnel type symptoms at night, i.e tingling or numb hands that wake me up…I also get twitching facial muscles, how common is this with migraine variants??? Thank u. xx

— End quote

I too get a twitching feeling all over my face but I don’t think anything is actually moving. I also get tingle pains although not in my hands (like you) but down my arms. Arm and hand pains can be due to a trapped nerve in the neck but in my case I think it is a side effect of migraine.

I get the right hand and fingers only tremors on and off. Strangely enuf it never happens to my left hand and fingers

Sort of related??

Periodic limb movements in sleep. I’m not aware of my movements (I’m asleep when I do it), but my husband is. It used to be worse - I would sometimes even kick him. I even hurt my own hip once, and when I went to my internist because my hip was really sore for a few days from it, he had me start on Magnesium at night. That has calmed me down, though it hasn’t elimintated it. It’s more of a twitching now, more subtle - nobody gets hurt!

Sometimes I get muscle twitching - seems to be worse if I’m anxious about something. Pins/needles and tingling is pretty common for me, especially in my right cheek. I have essential tremor (familial tremor) that has been worse since all this started, but it’s still not near as bad as my dad’s, brother’s, aunt’s etc - so I still feel lucky about that. But yeah, amazing how many symptoms MAV has. The other day, the right side of my head went numb, and I couldn’t hear out of my right ear for about a minute - some kind of aura.

I’ve just developed a tremor in my hands. I think that it is either a side effect from the Depakote that I’m taking (500mg daily) or sore muscles in my arms from skiing. Hmmm What do you all think?
Beth

Hi Beth,

How is it going with your med combo? Are you still able to run and walk better? Skiing- wow- I am impressed!!! As far as the depakote side effect, it might be possible- I actually took that myself for 2 months- all it did was made me gain 10 lbs…

Maryalice, my sweetheart describes my movements as “chasing rabbits”–the reference is to dogs’ twitching as they dream of the chase.

I get pin prick type feelings in my fingers and toes. Not that often, but often enough to notice them. Can’t remember if I had that before though or not, so can’t say it’s related. I do get very shaky hands but I think that’s from meds/nicotine/fatigue

when I’m in the midst of a really bad episode my entire body will shake, almost like I’m cold. That’s how I was originally referred to a neurologist for “tremors”, and eventually was diagnosed with MAV

— Begin quote from “mileymarie”

when I’m in the midst of a really bad episode my entire body will shake, almost like I’m cold. That’s how I was originally referred to a neurologist for “tremors”, and eventually was diagnosed with MAV

— End quote

I get this too!