My visit to Dr Granot in Sydney

— Begin quote from “scott”

I’ve said it before, you could give Vic a schooner or petrol and she’d sleep like a baby while the rest of us would be in the ER. :lol:

— End quote

Nah, I’d probably be able to drive or operate heavy machinery :lol:

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

I like Granot and he’s super smart (unversity medal!) but he also doesn’t think Valium helps so you know…like…whatevs… :wink:

— End quote

everyone has a flaw… :lol:

Hi Victoria
Hope your r & r in Bali calms things down for you & good luck with the peri. I’ve tried Sandomigran & was a walking zombie on 1/4 tab whereas my sister took 3 tabs a day as migraine prevention & didn’t affect her ability to work. Dr Granot did suggest I try Periactin if the Prothiaden stopped working so I’ll be interested & hoping that it does good things for you. Phenergan didn’t do anything for my either, except turn me into a zombie.

Bad news that Prothiaden is no longer made here - I see it’s still being produced in UK. The down side about Dothep (dothiepin) is that the 25mg caps contain sodium lauryl sulphate - I’m allergic to sulphur. My doc seems to think that it’s such a low dose I could be OK but then he’s not the one taking the drugs!
Happy holiday!
Barb

— Begin quote from “Barb”

Hi Victoria
Hope your r & r in Bali calms things down for you & good luck with the peri. I’ve tried Sandomigran & was a walking zombie on 1/4 tab whereas my sister took 3 tabs a day as migraine prevention & didn’t affect her ability to work. Dr Granot did suggest I try Periactin if the Prothiaden stopped working so I’ll be interested & hoping that it does good things for you. Phenergan didn’t do anything for my either, except turn me into a zombie.

Bad news that Prothiaden is no longer made here - I see it’s still being produced in UK. The down side about Dothep (dothiepin) is that the 25mg caps contain sodium lauryl sulphate - I’m allergic to sulphur. My doc seems to think that it’s such a low dose I could be OK but then he’s not the one taking the drugs!
Happy holiday!
Barb

— End quote

Hey Barb,

Things in Bali so far so great! It’s nice to be away and on holiday and I’m certainly no worse than I was at home.

I’ll keep you posted on how I go on the Periactin. I’ve always used Dothep (rather than the brand ‘Prothiaden’) so it’s no issue for me regarding the change. What a bugger for you that you’re allergic to Sulphur! What about if you take the 75mg tablets but cut them into thirds - would that be OK? Fascinating how we all react so differently to all the different meds (or their binding agents!).

Vic

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

Resurecting Dr Granot once again as I had another appointment with him today.

We are dumping Prothiaden. Dr G says he has indeed seen some patients who do well on a med, go off it and continue to do well then when they have a relapse and try it again it doesn’t work anymore. But he also says he’s seenevery permutation imaginable - works once, works always, works sometimes etc etc.

So, as the Prothiaden is NOT working he says I can dump it rather quickly, over the course of a week or so.

Then I am going to start Periactin. I did tell him that I’d started using Phenergan (and quite a lot of it) but he said it is the ‘wrong’ anti histamine. He also seemed quite impressed by my ability to tolerate drowsy drugs :lol: . I did point out that I am NOT able to tolerate speedy drugs (had a Diet Coke today and buzzing and bouncing and jitterbugging about like a freaky loon).

Depending on how that goes after a couple of months we’ll look at Topamax. He also mentioned Sandomigran.

On a funny note, as I came out of his office a lady in the waiting room said “Ooooh, you look happy” and I said “I’ve got a prescription! And if you’re lucky you’ll get one too!” She beamed hopefully and said “Yay! I want one!” :lol:

— End quote

Hi chick

If the Peri starts working, I’ve got a crap load of the stuff still left over that I can send to you - I’ll be ‘paying it forward’ in the words of our dear Longshort. x

Hi Victoria,

When do you get your results? That painkiller might just help, have you tried other painkillers before even though you have no pain? I use them when I get a dizzy head (no pain) and they help.

Love the pea brain pic Scott, very funny :lol:

Christine