New here, Vertigo for many years

Hi, my name is Ken, Iā€™m 68 years old and have had vertigo for many years. In the last 2 years my attacks started happening twice a week. Very sever room spinning, total loss of balance, vomiting sweating then chills. I usually have what I call my 5 minute warning, I feel the onset so I take meclzine and find safe place to sit and be sick.
I have found that peppermint tea helps during a attack.
My ENT is currently doing injections directly into my right ear drum to ā€œkillā€ the balance functionality in that ear as she feels that is what is causing the attacks. One month, 2 shots no attacks.

Hey Ken! Sorry to hear about your condition. I also get attacks exactly like yours. Iā€™ve a problem in my left ear. I canā€™t hear with it.
After consulting with many doctors, I was finally diagnosed with MAV and probably miniereā€™s.
I am currently on Amitriptyline after taking topiramate for three months. I didnā€™t had an attack is almost six months.
I believe youā€™ll also get better once the proper treatment starts.

You symptoms sound very similar to how mine - and many others on here - originally were however your treatment must certainly dies sound at all familiar. Iā€™d be extremely interested - as Iā€™m sure would many others - to hear more by way of detail. Perhaps you can extract more detailed information from your doctor next visit and share. Iā€™d be particularly interested in what your doctor assumes your diagnosis to be. ā€˜Vertigoā€™ is not a disease it is simply a symptom of many. And the injection. What exactly are you have injected directly into your right ear drum. Btw that sounds particularly painful. Is it?