New Here

Hi everyone. I have been suffering with vertigo, imbalance, etc. for the past 8 years. There were always suggestions of what was wrong. Today after 5 hours of testing, I was told that I have right peripheral vestibular weakness suggestive of Meniere’s and probable Migraine variant. No one seems to be able to give me any insight into controlling this issues without wanting to throw meds at tme. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. L <><

— Begin quote from "LoriCx3"

Hi everyone. I have been suffering with vertigo, imbalance, etc. for the past 8 years. There were always suggestions of what was wrong. Today after 5 hours of testing, I was told that I have right peripheral vestibular weakness suggestive of Meniere’s and probable Migraine variant. No one seems to be able to give me any insight into controlling this issues without wanting to throw meds at tme. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. L <><

— End quote

Try reading the book "Heal Your Headache " and it will give you some information on some things you can try before taking the medication route. Also the Migraine Brain which tells of lifestyle changes that may help you. What type doctor did you see today and what type of medication did they recommend? There are many times that they are needed though I understand your wanting some other options in addition to the medication.

Please give us a little more insight into what your exact symptoms are, are they attacks or are they 24/7?

I saw an ENT and had a bunch of auditory tests (ECOG, VNG, calorics, etc. He wanted to put me on dyazide.

— Begin quote from "LoriCx3"

I saw an ENT and had a bunch of auditory tests (ECOG, VNG, calorics, etc. He wanted to put me on dyazide.

— End quote

The medication is a diuretic which from my understanding is used in treatment for the Meiners disease. You may want to see a neurologist who specializes in balance and movement disorders . It would not hurt to get another opinion, but understand that the physicians are going to treat many of these disorders with medication .