New to the group

Thatā€™s interesting Liz. At the start of this Iā€™d get rotatory vertigo in my sleep that would wake me up. Now I have sort of a milder attack every now and then when I wake and feel very unwell with numbness. Itā€™s a feeling like I might be about to pass out. Interestingly I had this during the day time this week after eating a lot of yoghurt. I love yoghurt and have had to avoid it for a while, but sadly it still triggers me. Particularly worsens the dizziness and brain fog. I was hoping I was over it but no. I think it took a good 4 days for me to return to baseline after eating yoghurt. Baseline isnā€™t perfect but itā€™s workable. Iā€™m much better since I started on Amitriptyline, I think this drug saved me to be honest

Iā€™ve heard a lot of great thing about Amitriptyline and migraine! I am currently on Propranolol (which helps a lot) and Topamaxā€¦ which Iā€™m not sure about but I HATE the way it makes me feel. I was given the okay to stop taking it so Iā€™m going to wean myself off and hope that Iā€™m okay without it OR maybe try the Amitriptyline!
Thanks!!

For what its worth I feel much more normal on Amitriptyline than I did on Topamax. Topamax was very effective at knocking down the head pressure though, but I got pretty bad insomnia on it. And I often felt nervous but without much anxiety if that makes any senseā€¦