I have used this site as a reference in the past but have not officially signed on until now. I have had these symptoms (to be listed below) for about 1 year now and it has cost me a considerable amount of lost productivity and my wife-to-be even had her fill and has since moved on. The ramifications of these debilitating but constant episodes are getting to be more than I can swallow. I was a very active, extremely social person with an outgoing person who now prefers to be alone and quiet. I have seen a number of ENT’s with very little productive feedback - they felt sure things would just ‘correct’ themselves…wrong.
He then referred me to an neuro-otologist in SLC, Ut which has perscribed a series of drugs… Verapamil (didnt help), Amitrypltyline (nothing) and now I am on Day 3 of Effexor (37.5 mg for 7days and then up 75 mg). Something has got to give…I was a fully functional person and then like a ton of breaks my life was immediatly altered to this half-functioning social recluse.
• General problem with balance, focus and coordination. Overwhelming feeling that something is just ‘not right’ – very debilitating. Coordination seems off and ongoing sense of “de-realization”.
• Strong sensation that a blackout/fainting episode could occur – very scary and debiliatating.
• Almost a drunken, surreal, feeling most all of the time.
• Minor rocking/swaying sensation at most times – sitting or standing.
• Almost feels like a great pressure on brain – as if brain were swollen.
• Eyes often very head and feel need to close them/doze all the time.
• Not always associated with movement, uncomfortable sensation immediately upon opening eyes in morning. Hypersensitive to sudden noises in morning and movement.
• I have difficulty following simple conversation, often space out or zone out. Feeling generally dumbed down and slower than I once was. Feel like I am looking right through someone when they are speaking
• Busy environs, grocery store/city street seem to exacerbate issues
• No extreme whirling or spinning sensation, just a feeling of constant movement.
• Difficulty focusing on a lot at once. Driving is sometimes challenging.
• Roaring in ears, especially when eyes are closed.
• Coordination is off, fall/slip occasionally and never used to.
• I try to maintain healthy diet – low sodium, plenty of fruits and vegetables. I don’t smoke; I consume plenty of water per day.
• Pressure and fullness in head and sinuses.
• Intermittent muffled hearing.
• I feel as though while walking around I am constantly cognizant of maintaining balance and not fainting or stumbling into something.
• Feeling social anxiety and reclusiveness as a result. Feels better to avoid all social interaction.
• MRI was all clear and showed no abnormalities
• Rocking, off balance issues seem to increase in shower, bathroom stall - other confined spaces.
I need some help or support or even just some words of encouragement. This issue is slowly killing me.