New Vestibular Migraine Diagnosis - Seeking Clarity

Welcome to the site.

I would just say:

1. The traditional diet for VM/MAV is the 6C’s diet. Nothing about sodium in that. Please note how the 6’Cs diet is suspiciously similar to the diet often prescribed for ETD which is no dairy …
  2. Vestibular Migraine is a diagnosis, not a pathophysiology, though medicine would love you to think it’s worked everything out? For example, ear trouble of any kind can give you migraines, so why are some people so sure things are caused by migraine? It’s dogma. I can’t help but observe that 10 years ago everyone called this Migraine Associated Vertigo … now people appear to have got lazy, forgotten that association is not causation and call it Vestibular Migraine … which ceases to accept that none of this is proven.
  3. If you don’t have “roaring” tinnitus during an attack and don’t have low frequency hearing loss you probably don’t have Meniere’s?
  4. However, there are some interesting theories that link these conditions, one of them being dysfunction in the middle ear causing increased pressure on the inner ear … another down to inner ear hydrops … actual outcome may just depend on severity.

I’ve been through a lot of different theories around this family of conditions …