Nori tapering

Well, I am down to 20mg of the nori from 50mg. Did each 10mg in 2 week intervals. I did pretty good until this weekend when I am now on the 20. My dizzies are back, not bad but there, my tinnitus is awful and my anxiety is worse. Now, I’m not sure if it’s the tapering, the change in weather (finally had our first snowfall) or both. I knew before I even got up in the mornings that we had a snowfall - mig symptoms were full force. I was feeling about 80% with the nori at 50mg but I gained 20 pounds! Neuro thought I should come off it and try propanlol. If I’m this bad at 20, I can’t imagine what I’m going to be like when I get down to nothing!! I see him on Nov 28 so still 2 weeks away. I’m also on 10mg of Cipralex. I’m contemplating going back up on the nori - at least I felt ok. I have some important stuff coming up with work in the next month and can’t afford to be sidelined. Not sure what to do!! I HATE THIS DISEASE!

I gained weight too!! I am thinking that another time to taper might be better. Migraine hates change and so your symptoms will deffinately become worse. Maybe there would be a better time period to taper?

Pam

I gained weight on the nori, too – and I was only on 10mg. I gained about 10 lbs over 6 months. I came off of it. I’m getting headaches now more than rocking. For now, it’s fine for me, but if I was back to full-on rocking, I would try another med. I filled a prescription for topamax but am holding off on starting that for the moment.