Nortriptyline quit, now what!?!

I am in MAV hell right now. I have taken Nori for the last 18 months or so, for the most part it has really helped. The last month or so the symptoms have been creeping back, the last few days I have been bed bound, missing kids first day of school, first soccer games etc… I also have a 2 1/2 yr old I need to look after.

Help! If Nori helped for so long, what would you suggest next? I have a great GP who isn’t exactly versed in MAV but is willing to try everything? Thanks!

How about Amitriptyline? (They’re related, so if you haven’t tried Ami, it could be worth a shot…)

I am about in the same boat. Was on Nori for about 2 years, decided it wasn’t really helping, so went off about 3 months ago. Not on anything right now, but seeing my sympathetic Primary care doctor in 2 days. I have tried most of the drugs suggested for MAV in the last 6 years. Also, followed the Heal Your Headache diet. Now considering Paxil, Celexa or Zoloft. Driving or being in a car is the worst. If anyone has any suggestions, willing to consider.

Bbrees
What dose are you on ? Is it not a possibility to increase ?

Driving the car is awful for me right now also Kathy! I am currently on 70mgs, I have increased in increments of 10mg every time I have felt the symptoms ramp up the last year. The problem right now is added to the ear fullness, bobble head, dizzy and or vertigo…every time I stand up my heart races, I get weak, need to lay back down?? MAV related? I made an appt for tomorrow, I need to get checked! I went in to heart failure during delivery with my last child, the same time all this other garbage started!

On other words, not sure if increasing anymore would do the trick?? I have not been feeling as good fall Summer, crashed big time yesterday :frowning:

Thanks for your responses!

— Begin quote from ____

Driving the car is awful for me right now also Kathy! I am currently on 70mgs, I have increased in increments of 10mg every time I have felt the symptoms ramp up the last year. The problem right now is added to the ear fullness, bobble head, dizzy and or vertigo…every time I stand up my heart races, I get weak, need to lay back down?? MAV related? I made an appt for tomorrow, I need to get checked! I went in to heart failure during delivery with my last child, the same time all this other garbage started!

On other words, not sure if increasing anymore would do the trick?? I have not been feeling as good fall Summer, crashed big time yesterday :frowning:

Thanks for your responses!

— End quote

Hi Bbrees. I’m so sorry you are not feeling well. I get the same kinds of problems frequently when I get up as well. My husband, who is a doctor, thought I might be losing cardiac tone from being in bed so much. Since I’ve been up moving around more, my heart doesn’t race as much and I don’t get as weak as I used to…

When I have breakthrough vertigo, I take a slightly higher (doctor approved) dose for maybe a week, and then go back to my regular dose…it’s like I just have to rein it back in every so often and then it’s fine…so maybe this trick could work for others? Maybe not…just putting that out there…

What dose are you on? Id consider a higher dose of nori if you are under 70mg.