Nortriptyline Success Stories

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone had any success with Nortriptyline improving their symptoms specifically after having first made their symptoms significantly worse?

hello,

My symptoms got worse before they got better on Nortriptyline. I started off at 10mg and increased by 10mg every 2 weeks. Every time I increased dosage my symptoms got worse for about 7-10 days. I have been on 60mg for about a year. At this point I am about 90-95%. Give the Nort time to work. You will get past the side effects. Good luck. I hope you find relief soon.

Hi Kathy,

thanks for your msgs, my problem was I couldn’t function really at all on 20mg, I’ve since been told to put the dose down to 10mg and then stop and try something else. Since putting the dosage back down to 10mg I feel my symptoms are not as bad as before however still overall worse. This is almost 4 weeks for me now on 10,20,20,10 - and overall I feel worse. I think its safe to say Nort isn’t going to work for me, look forward to trying something else. :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you. I hope you find a med that works… hang in there… you will find one :smiley:

Hi Simon, sorry that the nori isn’t going to work for you, but maybe the next med will be the right one for you. Will keep my fingers crossed!

Nancy

Thanks folks, I’ve been given some Pizotifen to try next…

— Begin quote from “simonw”

Thanks folks, I’ve been given some Pizotifen to try next…

— End quote

Hi there,

I’ve been taking the Pizotifen for 8 weeks now and have gone from feeling absolutely awful every day to 95% well most of the time. I’m amazed by the difference and it also proves to me that it is actually VM and not uncompensated labyrinthitis as I had been lead to believe for the past 7 years!!

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on with them.

Angela

Sounds like a success story! Great news. Your case fit Number 1 of why people don’t get well. Boom, you killed it. :slight_smile:

hi scotsista, what dose are you on?

Hi Angela,

wow thanks for sharing, how amazing, that’s fantastic news! very happy for you!!!

— Begin quote from “robertgreen99”

hi scotsista, what dose are you on?

— End quote

I started at 0.5mg and have increased this every 2 weeks and now at 2mg per night. Am happy to stay at this dosage and hope and pray it continues to work for me. I still have a slight feeling of ‘falling’ in my head pretty much every day but amazed the rest of the symptoms have gone :slight_smile:

Angela

— Begin quote from “scott”

Sounds like a success story! Great news. Your case fit Number 1 of why people don’t get well. Boom, you killed it. :slight_smile:

— End quote

Yes, you’re right Scott. I wasn’t convinced when I was first diagnosed - mainly because I had never heard of VM ever before. Also nobody in my family suffers from migraines and being somebody who doesn’t generally take medicines I wasn’t too keen. I think also having had a diagnosis of uncompensated labyrinthitis before, I just believed this and have truly thought this was the cause of my symptoms for years now.

I am one of the lucky ones in that the first medication is working so let’s hope and pray that continues to be the case.

Angela