Not the easiest question to ask but

What do you fid works best for the constipation that comes with some of these crazy meds? Weird as it is I have left over Metimucil that I used for my puppy when he was constipated but it is orange flavored and contains gelatin which I believe is one of the things I’m supposed to avoid on the “migraine diet”
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sarah

organicindiausa.com/psyllium.php

psyllium is used in Metimucil, but you can buy it by itself and it works fine. You can find it at any health food store or you can order if off the internet. You just need to drink a lot of extra water with this …start off slow…until your system gets accustomed to it.

You can also try magnesium which works well for some people.

What can be used for the opposite problem?

— Begin quote from “TammyM”

What can be used for the opposite problem?

— End quote

That is a good question, Tammy…

Here is a alink that has some suggestions…

soulhealer.com/diarrhea.htm

When I was on Verapamil, I took Magnesium, and Benefiber. That eventually stopped working,a nd I added miralax to the list which worked very well.

For those of you who suggested Magnesium, how much did you take?
Thanks,
Sarah

I believe at that time I was taking 750mg of magnesium. Now that I’m not on meds, if I was to take that much I would surely be sick to my stomach. When on Verapamil, it hardly helped at all.

Thanks Lisa,
Wow, that sounds like a lot. Do you know if that is the typical dose?
Sarah

calmnatural.com/

This is a link for calm which is a magnesium supplement…

— Begin quote from ____

What makes Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement so special over other forms of magnesium supplements is that it is water soluble and assimilates instantly and thoroughly, and works even in cases of highly impaired digestion.

Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement is used by over 1,000 doctors and health clinics nationwide with great success.

If a person is experiencing the symptoms of magnesium deficiency such as sleep disorders, body tension, fatigue, muscle spasms or stiffness, heart disorders, PMS, depression, dispersal, diabetes, osteoporosis, asthma, nervousness and constipation, Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement is the formula to use. Whenever a person manifests any number of major symptoms, Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement is always the first product to start with. Most of these symptoms are magnesium deficiency and Natural Calm will correct the deficiency faster and more effectively than any other formula available today.

Note:
To ensure the most effective results, the person should avoid calcium supplements, as calcium will slow down the results.

Ingredients:
Water Soluble Magnesium Citrate, and nothing else (205mg of elemental magnesium per teaspoon). Manufacturered using a proprietary process exclusive to Natural Vitality.

Each tablespoon contains magnesium 615mg

Contains No
yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, sugar, starch, preservatives, artificial colors or flavoring.

Preparation:
Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement is made as a tea by placing the powder in hot water to dissolve. Cold water can be added at will for instant drinking.

How much Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement?
It is important to understand that individual needs will vary. Some individuals will need more Natural Calm than others. We recommend that you start with 1 teaspoon daily, and increase your dose up to the point of loose stools. This will be the dose you will need to maintain for regular use.

The final amount taken could range anywhere from a 1/4 teaspoon to 3-4 teaspoons. This could be taken all at once or split to 2-3 smaller dosages throughout the day.

If you get diarrhea, it is a sign that you used too high a dose, and you need to cut it back to the point where the diarrhea does not reappear.

The same applies for kids. Start with a small amount and increase. We recommend starting with 1/4 a teaspoon and increasing, depending on the kids physical size. If they are 10 years old they can often handle up 1/2 - 1 teaspoon.

High stress and low magnesium = big trouble. Magnesium is a powerful anti-stress mineral and its deficiency is associated with most irritability or stress cases. Use in those stressful times and high tension periods or use regularly to reduce them. Natural Calm is a breakthrough in magnesium supplements and delivers the highest assimilation possible. Magnesium is perhaps the most vital mineral of the body and when there is a deficiency the body will not function properly in many ways.

Brand: Peter Gillham’s Natural Vitality
Natural Calm Anti-Stress Drink, Peter Gillham’s Natural Vitality, 8 oz

— End quote

I take 400mg magnesium per day, split into two doses, morning and evening. I tried more which was fine for a while but then it worked too well, so I cut back. But I don’t take any other meds.

Brenda