Odd sensations when walking

Hi all, one question, can we stay on neurontin and take topa at the same time?
I know nothing about meds,
I’m on 300mg a day of neurontin and it’s helping me cope more than anything, but sitll rocking.
jen

Yes, you can take both at the same time. In fact, according to crazymeds.us topamax was just recently approved as monotherapy for epilepsy. Many on that site take Top and Neurontin.

— Begin quote from “Julie”

how many days did you spend at each cut? The PI sheet states that it takes 4 days to reach a steady state, so that will be my future plan, at this point. And how high did you go before getting SEs? My doc knows I’m incredibly sensitive so he doesn’t want me going any higher than 25 until i see him again.

— End quote

Julie,

It has been so long since I took it and had such a problem dealing with the anger that I can’t really remember acurately. I want to say I increased my dosage a week at a time. I want to say that over all, I was upping the dose at the perscribed rate, I was just doing it in half steps. I remember the headache and the abdominal cramps started within a few days. The cramps went away after about a month, but I had one constant nasty headache the whole time. I want to say that the temper started about the same time the cramps started to fade. For those of you reading this, wondering about Topomax, the cramps were barely noticable. I would say that the temper was caused by the nonstop headache, but after I quit taking it, the headache went away almost right away, but the temper didn’t.

Thanks, Brian. It’s funny that we don’t hear more Topamax stories on this forum, since it’s supposedly such a favorite among the prescribers.

— Begin quote from “Julie”

Thanks, Brian. It’s funny that we don’t hear more Topamax stories on this forum, since it’s supposedly such a favorite among the prescribers.

— End quote

I read about Topomax all the time on another forum I belong to. I’m always surprised I don’t see more of it here.