Off to the Naturopath/ Homeopath!

Yep, call me crazy but I’m off to waste more money on a homeopath/ Naturopath. I convinced myself that this sort of treatment was a bit of a scam, however after speaking to a MAV sufferer who beat this thing through homeopathy I’m going to give it a go. A client of my Dad’s put me onto her “witch doctor” who has cured her after battling this illness for 2 years. She was very much a skeptic as I am and refused to go. However her friend bailed her into the car for her appt. After iridology and a brief consult she was given some drops to take home. She noticed improvements after 3 days, but took 6 mths to regain her health. I figure nothing ventured nothing gained. Hmmm…if only it could be that easy??? I’ll let you know how I go, appt on Wednesday.
Kylie

I dont think your crazy, I think its a great idea. Just like acupuncture. Im so glad I had it done Before reading anything on here, as it works and others
say it doesn’t. My friend calls her doctor her “witch doctor” and swears that she makes her feel better than ever, although she is not a mav sufferer.

Cannot wait to hear about your appointment, good luck!!

K

Hi Kylie – good luck and please report back how the homeopathy goes.

I tried it 8 years ago when my GF at the time was studying it and I really didn’t know much about it. They had me on some stuff called pulsatilla and, when that failed, something else extracted from a particular South American spider diluted at 200C – which is similar to putting one drop in the Pacific ocean off the coast of Sydney, and then a week later drawing out a few drops of water off the coast of Ireland. This, they say, is the strongest hit you can take with homeopathy. To “ease the blow”, my GF suggested I take the few drops I was to have and dilute them a little more in a teaspoon of water! I’m not kidding. :shock:

Kristina – don’t forget to try these on your journey of alternative therapies. It wouldn’t be complete without a few months of Kinoki detox Foot Pads. These suckers will drain all the nasty toxins out of your feet and possibly cure your migraine. Check it out here. You stick them on before bed and toss the gunk away in the morning:

http://www.healthierpost.com/shop/products/Healthier-Kinoki-Detox-Foot-Pads.html

They contain a vinegar essence from bamboo trees. It’s ancient wisdom from Chinese villagers. It basically pulls toxins right through your skin using the finest bamboo sap. Impressive!

S

— Begin quote from ____

Kristina – don’t forget to try these on your journey of alternative therapies. It wouldn’t be complete without a few months of Kinoki detox Foot Pads. These suckers will drain all the nasty toxins out of your feet and possibly cure your migraine. Check it out here. You stick them on before bed and toss the gunk away in the morning:

— End quote

Ha ha ha! Its okay to disagree you know. No harm no foul.

The foot thing I dont buy into, as I know your body cleanses itself.

Just because I believe in acupuncure as many many do. Maybe in your part of the world all of this stuff isn’t covered by insurance so someone has a bad experience and is upset because of the cost, and then blast’s it to everyone…? But here in the US its totally covered. I have been to two providers that it did not work, so you have to know what your doing. We have talked about it before. So I wont get into it. But honestly, I know a lot of people that go and have positive things to say about it.

Hi Kristina,

I’m genuinely interested in trying to understand how your logic works when it comes to alternative therapy. From what I gather above and what you’ve written previously, your benchmark for deciding in your own mind if something has merit as a therapy – your own personal requirements for evidence – hinge on what other parts of the world say about something and whether or not it’s covered by insurance because surely an insurance company wouldn’t be so foolish as to cover a therapy that didn’t work! Am I right? Is that your evidence requirement?

You might be interested to note then that just yesterday in Australia we had a new budget that went through and guess what got the axe?

NATURAL therapies such as aromatherapy, reiki and homeopathy will fall victim to the quest to return the budget to surplus, with the government no longer prepared to subsidise them. Tuesday’s budget will charge the Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Baggoley, with identifying** a range of therapies that have not been shown to be clinically effective. Many are covered by private health insurance. Those services identified will no longer attract the 30 per cent private health insurance rebate**.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/razor-gang-targets-natural-therapies-subsidy-20120504-1y47n.html#ixzz1u9ymkOdk

Remember that quote by Professor Edzard Ernst, author of “Trick or Treatment” and professor of complementary medicine who figured out most of it was all nonsense: “Regulated nonsense is still nonsense”. As Vic spelled out for you before, insurance companies are businesses and not run by health professionals or scientists. They make their decisions based on commercial demand. So if foot pads suddenly became the “in thing” and your insurance company suddenly told you they would pay for a portion of the cost would you start painting your feet with pads soaked in vinegar essence from Chinese bamboo sap? How about a side order of unicorn loin chops to go with that for dinner?

Hey Kylie,

Interested to hear how the appt with the homeopath went, what remedy was given to you and what you made of the whole thing!

Scott :slight_smile: