Omega-3

Has anyone tried taking high doses of omega-3 to prevent migraine? How much did you take, for how long, and did it help?

I just started last week. I am taking Omega 3, multi-vitamin, coenzyme Q10, Viatmin E and mega vitamin c (powder). Obviously it takes a month or so to notice any difference, but hopefully it will help! How long have you been on it?

I started taking high dose omega-3 a week ago. I take 3 1000mg-capsules in the morning and 3 in the evening. I think it’s worth a try. I’ll stick with it for a month or two and see if I notice any difference in symptoms.

Anette

Wow & I was worried about taking 1000 a day. Ok, now I will have to look into taking more. Wouldnt it be great if there was one set of guidelines concerning vitamins? (one site says one thing, one says another) :roll:

“Tolerable Upper Limits” for certain supplements, not limited to vitamins, are among the safety issues discussed at

http://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/Vitamin_and_Mineral_Supplement_Fact_Sheets.aspx

Hi Anette,

There’s good evidence that fish oils are very good for the brain. They become incorporated into the tissue and are associated with a lower prevalence of depression for example. Certainly worth a go. Just be aware of the gel caps they can come in. One brand gave me some nasty headaches I think because of the gelatin in them.

Scott

Thanks David :smiley:

I haven’t noticed much difference in symptoms while taking high doses of omega-3, so I have started to cut back. It was worth a try, though -no adverse effects.