One thing at a time would be nice

Well I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat and nasal congestion. Only to have a full blown cold or virus by today . And if that was not enough then I started having a toothache yesterday and can not get into to see the dentist until next week due to the holiday. My Dad has had the cold/virus for about a month now. I sure hope mine does not last that long.

I am totally miserable as I am coughing my head off and my throat is very sore. That really does wonders for the toothache as well. I do have antibiotics to take and I will take the ibuprofen for the tooth (hope that it does not give me headache)ache and then I have been eating apple sauce and rice. I cannot stand anything hot because of the tooth …

So my MAV symptoms are really, really out of whack today…this is the first cold or such I have had since having MAV so this is not something I want to repeat often, at all.

It seems that the cough drops are making the symptoms worse but if I do not use them then all I do is cough so hopefully this won’t last to long.

As the title of the thread says “One thing at a time would be nice” sometimes I just can not handle all this at once.

I’m in total sympathy Timeless. I’m in the same boat as you minus the toothache. The cough is driving me insane and keeping me awake at night, so I’m tired as well. Plus we have guests, the third lot since just before Christmas. And all this following on from a severe bout of vertigo not so long ago that depressed me no end. The thought of you having a virus such as I have PLUS toothache is unbearable. Poor you! Do you have any arnica gel to rub on your outside cheek where the tooth is? I’ve found that supremely helpful despite how mad it sounds.

You think these things would be handed around fairly wouldn’t you, instead of them all being dumped on the same person at the same time? Life is just so unfair at times. As I struggle to stop coughing and try to sooth my throat and limit the damage to my head, I’ll be thinking of you! :frowning:

Brenda

— Begin quote from “Brenda”

I’m in total sympathy Timeless. I’m in the same boat as you minus the toothache. The cough is driving me insane and keeping me awake at night, so I’m tired as well. Plus we have guests, the third lot since just before Christmas. And all this following on from a severe bout of vertigo not so long ago that depressed me no end. The thought of you having a virus such as I have PLUS toothache is unbearable. Poor you! Do you have any arnica gel to rub on your outside cheek where the tooth is? I’ve found that supremely helpful despite how mad it sounds.

You think these things would be handed around fairly wouldn’t you, instead of them all being dumped on the same person at the same time? Life is just so unfair at times. As I struggle to stop coughing and try to sooth my throat and limit the damage to my head, I’ll be thinking of you! :frowning:

Brenda

— End quote

Thanks Brenda it is pure he$$ right now especially at night. The toothache is a little calmer today (knock on wood) but everytime I go into a coughing fit it starts back up…I swear I thought I was going to cough up my insides last night…I hope your vertigo is better this week, bless your heart.

yes it would be nice to have things handed out fairly…the only thing that is easing my cough is cough drops (eucalyptus type ) which soothes it and calms the coughing some.

Never heard of the gel you spoke of but will have my husband get some while he is out. Hope you feel better soon.

Timeless

This stuff is awful I have been so sick all week, very little sleep and unable to eat much of anything. Yesterday I tried some hot tea and was up all night because I guess the caffeine is something I NEVER do anymore and I did not think of it keeping me up all night .

I am taking an antibiotic plus a lot of Vitamins and ibuprofen the MAV symptoms have increased and this just stinks.

Brenda I hope you are feeling better.

TImeless and Brenda - I hope you are both feeling better soon. It’s hard enough dealing with MAV without other stuff thrown in there. So far this winter I’ve been lucky and have escaped any colds or flus cause I am afraid to take any cough medicne for fear of how it will affect me.

Take it easy and stay in bed!!

Book

Timeless and Bookworm, thanks. Unfortunately I am still stuck with this horrible throat. Thankfully the MAV has quietened down some. Today the last of our guests go home - and we’ll have the house to ourselves for the first time since the last week of November. Just goes to show how you have to be careful when forward planning as plans made on good days can come back to haunt you weeks later when you suddenly go through a bad spell without warning and you have to push yourself way more than you know is good for you. Add in a virus as well and bingo - a recipe for disaster. That’s where I’m at at present - but I’m hoping over the next few days to be able to rest more and get back to baseline. Despite all that though I was determined to enjoy the holidays and I did.

Hope you get your dental issues sorted this week Timeless. I’ve had a lot of dental problems myself, all sorted now thankfully, and I know how awful it is to have toothache and to have to go through dental work with MAV. Good luck with it.

Brenda

The beast is still hanging around although some parts of it have settled.

Slept a little bit better last night but the coughing still remains and now while the other symptoms seem to be resolving the MAV symptoms seem to be getting worse. Plus on top of everything else I am left with a yeast infection, and both my ears are popping , crackling (not like they do with a cold) , and extreme fatigue…

The popping in my left ear is happening every time I swallow (something new) and a whooshing sound in the right side…

My nose is very irritated and inflamed on the right side. Plus my head has a very woozy , full feeling that I have not had in the past.

Well the cold/virus is better but the lingering effects of the MAV are horrible. I feel really terrible to the point all I want to do is stay in bed…I am not sure how to dig myself out of this hole I am now in and I feel so helpless and hopeless at this point.

The anxiety and depression are most definitely at a high level and it does not help that I have no support as my family does not understand and thinks that I am not doing anything to move forward, if I could move forward I would.

I am just sad, really sad…my life as I knew it is gone and I do not know how to get it back.

Hey Timeless,

You certainly have my Sympathy. I have a pretty good feeling what you have been going thru. I recently had 2 bad colds back to back…lots of coughing, sorethroat…little energy. I lost a number of days work. Plus having a bad cold increases the MAV Symptoms. So i absolutely know what your going thru. Alot of rest, chicken noodle soup…plus gargling with salt for the sore throat will give you some help. It just takes time to heal. Sometimes i think this MAV has brought down our immune system.

I certainly hope your doing better.

Joe

— Begin quote from “joseph0952”

Hey Timeless,

You certainly have my Sympathy. I have a pretty good feeling what you have been going thru. I recently had 2 bad colds back to back…lots of coughing, sorethroat…little energy. I lost a number of days work. Plus having a bad cold increases the MAV Symptoms. So i absolutely know what your going thru. Alot of rest, chicken noodle soup…plus gargling with salt for the sore throat will give you some help. It just takes time to heal. Sometimes i think this MAV has brought down our immune system.

I certainly hope your doing better.

Joe

— End quote

Thanks Joe the cold is better but the lingering effects on the Mav symptoms are pretty bad. Hopefully I can get back to baseline very soon, although I have to go to the dentist and that will set be back at least a couple of weeks.