Partial migraine headache?

So I have experienced something interesting. In the past months, I have a had a few migraine attacks, but they are different from the atypical classic ones. They begin as usual - visual aura that goes across the eye - BUT then half way through the cycle, it stops! In other words, it doesn’t completely take over both eyes as it usually does and it doesn’t give me a headache usually. This past week I experienced it in a really weird way. Had the first half as described above on Saturday and then last night, it happened again, but started and finished on the right side! Neither time did I take an OTC med to stop it either. VERY odd. I can only wonder if it means that my prescribed med is trying to work in some way, but isn’t totally? Have an appt with the doc next week, so will bring it up.

PS> I should note that it is unclear if the med I am taking is for migraine (Tofranil, a tricyclic antidepressant), or for the MAV as a whole. I am trying to get info from the doc. Unfortunately, I had been thinking of going off this med due to side effects and the fact that I am still having migraines (and more tension type headaches.) May see if another med would work better when I visit a new doc suggested by my regular doc (suggested to me because my doc deals more with balance; the second doc more with migraines.)

Still haven’t gotten an answer about the med from doc #1, so will bring up with doc #2 this week, as well as telling her about these partial migraines that I seem to be getting. Can anyone out there relate to these/experience them??

— Begin quote from “bcrelief”

Still haven’t gotten an answer about the med from doc #1, so will bring up with doc #2 this week, as well as telling her about these partial migraines that I seem to be getting. Can anyone out there relate to these/experience them??

— End quote

I am begininng to think this condition just changes over time and it morphs from one symptom to another. Yes I now have partial migraines and none of them include headaches just what I refer to as other symptoms , some of which I have had tin the past and others which I have not had in the past.