Periactin

Scott and Jen … firstly, how are you guys still going on the Peri? Jen, is it still going good? Scottie - are you still wrestling with it or has it stabilised and you’re continuing on with it… please update.

After my follow up with Dr S yesteday (updated under my post Meds Advice) … I want to ask the forum’s advice on the above drug.

Firstly, it is literally out of stock here in the UK. No chemists have any in and they say that it is out of stock at the manufacturers so they have no idea when we could hope to expect it. However, I can obviously order this online from the States etc if I decided off my own back to give it a try in conjunction with the Nori.

My doc says to keep pushing up on the Nori (currently at 40mg) and he’ll review me again in 4 months. In my heart I dont believe the Nori is going to improve my symptoms any more the higher I get - I dont know why, I just dont but I may be wrong.

I really want to try the Peri. But obviously dont want to find a lone chemist here in the UK that stocks it only to have them run out again.

So, do I order some online and test trialling it in conjunction with my Nori?

Or just accept that maybe it’s fate that the UK have run out and I’m just not meant to have it!!! :oops:

Would any of you order drugs online or would you only stand by prescription meds out of your local chemist?

Advice please?

I feel like rat sht at my desk by the way… total rat sht. My brain is frying.
:expressionless:

Hey Mup,
I figured that would be the case. Keep in mind that he is a great doctor, but he is only one doctor…one man’s opinion…albeit a very educated one. :slight_smile: Dr. Hain swears by Effexor… Dr. Baloh loves Celexa etc…the periactin might be the key,
but it does reduce serotonin (which can lessen the effects of an antidepressant). I know Scott didn’t feel the magic with it, and Jen still takes it but I don’t think she’s 100%. I should let them speak for themselves…
Did you talk with him about a benzo?
Did he refill your Valium rx? Didn’t you feel better when you were using a little bit of V daily?
I can’t believe they are out of the stuff…Longshort (Doug) says they sell it at the local drug stores OTC where he is…which I think is Taiwan…but I could be wrong…
Kelley

Yeah Longshort is in Taiwan - I’ll see if he reads this and replies as to whether he can buy a job lot! :mrgreen:

Celexe sent me to A&E after 1 tablet so that is a no go.

My GP always rx my V prescription but Dr S is the one against the Benzos so I didnt even bring up the Clonazepam with him as he just wouldnt buy it. My GP is reluctant with the Klon/Clonaz but is ok with me using V but he doesnt want me using it daily. I now use it on my crash days and yes it does make me feel better! :?

Hopefully Scott and Jen can give an update on their verdict of Peril… I’m just intrigued to try it. There is a mild interaction on the drug website with Nori but then there is with most of them!

What to do… right now I want to hack my head off with a rusty saw!!! :expressionless:

Hi Muppo,

is Periactin the one that has a similarity to Pizotifen? I think it may be (I’ll have to check)…in which case I’ve been keeping an eye on how this is working for people too, because I did great on the Pizotifen the first time around - almost totally fixed the 24/7 dizzies within 3 weeks!!
Sorry to hear you’re having a rough time at the mo - hang on in there - better times are ahead for all of us…
Tony.

Muppo,

I wouldn’t order from online chemists. They aren’t regulated in any way, and you won’t know for sure what you are buying. I would only get something prescribed by a doctor and bought in a UK chemist.

You probably won’t particularly want to hear this, but I also think you perhaps need to trust the judgment of your doctor. He is one of the foremost experts in the UK, and I am sure he has your best interests at heart. I read your other post, and i totally understand how frustrated you are by your slow recovery, but just try to focus on how much improved you are (e.g. from bedridden/unable to leave the house, to being able to work 3 days a week/start a new relationship/make us all laugh on here a lot with your sense of humour/loads of other positive stuff). I made a slow gradual recovery (with plenty of dips along the way), but it took nearly 18 months. By the way, I had quite a significant improvement when my meds were upped at one point, when I didn’t really think they were going to work. I hope it works like that for you too.

Take care. xx

Muppo,
There is a pharmacy that gets their meds from Canada, cheaper, than I can get here. In particular I wanted to try Abilify, and the price here was like $20 per pill or something ridiculous…it was $1.20 or so to get it there direct. You still need a prescription.
ONe dose of Celexa sent you to A&E? I’m guessing that’s a medical place? Geez…craziness…with that in mind, maybe the peri would work since it lowers sero and maybe you don’t need it?

TeeCee…yes, pizo and peri are very similar in that they are serotonin antagonists…they lower sero at certain receptors. Not sure how that plays into migraine, but it seems to work for many.
Kelley

Hi Muppo,
I’m doing really well on the peri , it’s the only med that has taken me to about 95%
My symptoms are very low, sometimes I don’t even feel the migraine, I now Don’t rock in between migraines, I only rock if I don’t take the peri in time (during aura faze) then it go’s away again.

So taking it religiously is the trick.
I have also been well enough to realize I have a milk allergy, I have had ibs since I was a child , I have cut out milk products and by doing this for the past week, haven’t been migraining and/or ibs.
also my brain fog is almost none existant.

I’m not 100% but I do feel 100% after migraineing for 20 years 2 times a day, it’s getting better every week.
now all I have to do is avoid milk products, ahhrgg yet another challenge! :frowning:
I have upped my prothiadon by 25mg to counter act the serotonin lowering effects of the peri.

Muppo , I wouldn’t buy online it can be dangerous.
best of luck with it

jen

— Begin quote from “rockyksmom”

One dose of Celexa sent you to A&E? I’m guessing that’s a medical place?

— End quote

A&E - Accident and Emergency - when you dial 999 and get dashed in an ambulance that’s where you go - you guys go to the ER (emergency room)… so funny how we all speak the same language but we really dont understand each other at all… cracks me up!! :lol:

— Begin quote from “jennyd”

Muppo , I wouldn’t buy online it can be dangerous.

— End quote

OOOOOHHHHH GOD I WANT PERI!!!

I really want to try it but it just cannot be obtained here anymore it seems!!!

Kelley - so I still need a prescription to use this place in Canada? Will they accept an oversees prescription? My GP will give it to me if I ask him…?

I know I need to have faith in Dr S [beechleaf] … and I do … I’m just so convinced I need to be hit from another angle (not rugby tackled tho hahah) so I thought this would be good… but thank you fo rthe kind words and its made me smile to know I make you guys chuckle on occasion! :lol: I only have to look at my stupid face in the mirror and I go into hysterics!

Jen - I’m so stoked at your improvement - like in a major way!! If after 20+ years of this crap fest you’re coming along leaps and bounds… man, this news is like a plate of food to a starving woman!!!

I’m soooo necking the V at Bon Jovi 2moro though… gotta be on form for my man!!!

Peace out xx

Muppo,

Went back through my notes and my GP gave me periactin years ago, it looks like it didnt work for me, but have you asked your GP if he can perscribe it?

My daughter (21) has just run up to say her boyfriend has got tickets for the Bon Jovi tomorrow, shes really excited!

Christine

Guys,

I just read the posts.

Periactin is 1NTD (New Taiwan Dollar) for each pill. The exchange rate is around 28-29NTD for each $1 USD. So each pill is 3.5 cents, call it just under 30 pills for one USD. You can go to xe.com and figure out the rates in your currency.

It is OTC here. Meaning you go to the chemist and they pull out a massive jar of the pills and say, “How many do you want, 1NTD each.” It is marked Cyprohetadine, not “Periactin” so I presume it is generic. I did not check the manufacturer, but I can find out.

I bought 10 pills and have not tried it yet, since I am doing two weeks of a disgusting chinese concoction.

Send me a direct message and we can go from there!

— Begin quote from “cmoc”

Muppo,

Went back through my notes and my GP gave me periactin years ago, it looks like it didnt work for me, but have you asked your GP if he can perscribe it?

My daughter (21) has just run up to say her boyfriend has got tickets for the Bon Jovi tomorrow, shes really excited!

Christine

— End quote

Gee I’m sorry it didnt work out - I’m in chat with Longshort (Doug) to see if he can get me a 3 months supply from Taiwan. I’ve just spoken to my chemist on the phone and they said the UK wont be getting it any time soon … it’s completely run out here so it wont matter if the GP prescribes it or not. It’s just not available.

Is your daughter in General Admission or Club Experience??? We are in Club Experience (Golden Circle)… seriously, I’m the biggest Bon Jovi fan on the planet, have seen them 10000000000x round the world… I’m obsessed - obsessed I tell you!! I would sell my soul to touch him…hmmmmm, ok enough already. 8)

mvertigo.org will hear me come 7:15pm GMT Saturday night… AVIT !!! :lol:

— Begin quote from “Muppo”

Is your daughter in General Admission or Club Experience??? We are in Club Experience (Golden Circle)… seriously, I’m the biggest Bon Jovi fan on the planet, have seen them 10000000000x round the world… I’m obsessed - obsessed I tell you!! I would sell my soul to touch him…hmmmmm, ok enough already. 8)

— End quote

lol - probably shouldn’t admit this, but waaaay, waaaay back, I was at a Bon Jovi gig, and went to the loo and just about clocked two minders outside the door (I was a little worse for wear). Inside, it took me a second or so before I realised I was at a urinal next to the man himself! Hammersmith Odeon…circa '86…if I remember…lol
Tony.

lol - probably shouldn’t admit this, but waaaay, waaaay back, I was at a Bon Jovi gig, and went to the loo and just about clocked two minders outside the door (I was a little worse for wear). Inside, it took me a second or so before I realised I was at a urinal next to the man himself! Hammersmith Odeon…circa '86…if I remember…lol
Tony.

WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Right… note to self… pee in the urinals!!! I MUST HAVE HIM!!!

Circa '86 … I was 9… ra!!!

:lol:

— Begin quote from “Muppo”

Circa '86 … I was 9… ra!!!
:lol:

— End quote

Pah - I was 9…teen!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Have a great time,
T.

Mup…your talk of Bon Jovi has brought back nightmares that I thought I had forgotten about / tucked away behind my pea sized brain.

I may have told this story…but at risk of repeating myself…

I graduated high school in 1987. I was a very good kid…good grades and walked the straight and narrow. As a graduation gift, my ultra-conservative parents bought me stock in a new - upstart company in Seattle in late '86 called Microsoft.

Once I graduated in '87, I felt that I needed to be “free”…so I went on a 2 week bender with some buddies of mine in Seattle to go watch Bon Jovi over and over and drink tequila and other libations.

The only money we could scrounge together (as I was a 17 year old punk) was my Microsoft stock.

I sold it all…took a big hit on selling it early and went and partied my ass off and watched Bon Jovi and the the other big hair bands.

Today, it would have been worth close to 2 million. :roll:

Muppo, they are just “standard”. I asked her about Gold Circle and she said tickets were £200!! Her boyfriends been lucky to get a couple of tickets on the cheap, someone had them and couldnt go, he got them both for £60! A friend of mine has just rung to say her daughter and her husband are going too. Is the whole world going :shock:

Christine

Good concert…but in retrospect…I will take my $2 million in Microsoft if I could have a do-over. :smiley:

Alas…we don’t get those…so go have fun and for the love of God, do not sell any stock to go to the concert.

I will front you the money if you are short :lol:

tcs

Todd I would sell my SOUL alongside my stock!!! Hahaha!!!

Chris - yep £200 a pop … I tried to buy a VIP ticket for £500!!! But I missed out - rats. Oneday I’ll be VIP and using the loo nxt to him!!!

And yes you ARE missing out!!!

I could be on my death bed and I’d drag my gurney there :lol:

Todd - that story is getting printed off and going on my wall. You are legend my friend :smiley:

— Begin quote from “Go Gonzaga”

I graduated high school in 1987. I was a very good kid…good grades and walked the straight and narrow. As a graduation gift, my ultra-conservative parents bought me stock in a new - upstart company in Seattle in late '86 called Microsoft.

Once I graduated in '87, I felt that I needed to be “free”…so I went on a 2 week bender with some buddies of mine in Seattle to go watch Bon Jovi over and over and drink tequila and other libations.

The only money we could scrounge together (as I was a 17 year old punk) was my Microsoft stock.

I sold it all…took a big hit on selling it early and went and partied my ass off and watched Bon Jovi and the the other big hair bands.

— End quote

Please Todd, never, ever tell that story again. In fact I wish I could un-read it.

You sold your Microsoft shares!!! :shock: