Physical Therapy Worked for Anyone with Spinning Vertigo

I have the full blown spinning vertigo and wondered if physical therapy had worked for anyone. Sometimes my vertigo is triggered by visual things - such as when I’m scrolling through a document on the computer, images flashing on the TV, etc. It’s almost like my brain just can’t keep up with what my eyes are seeing and it just freaks out by causing everything to spin. I have read that it is possible to strengthen, through therapy, this relationship between the eyes and the brain.

Any thoughts?

— Begin quote from “howhm02l”

I have the full blown spinning vertigo and wondered if physical therapy had worked for anyone. Sometimes my vertigo is triggered by visual things - such as when I’m scrolling through a document on the computer, images flashing on the TV, etc. It’s almost like my brain just can’t keep up with what my eyes are seeing and it just freaks out by causing everything to spin. I have read that it is possible to strengthen, through therapy, this relationship between the eyes and the brain.

Any thoughts?

— End quote

I tried the theraphy and I did not see a lot of improvement and yet I know people that it had helped a lot.

Yes, I have been through 16 months of physical therapy for both vertigo and regaining my vestibular or balance system. It has helped me immensely. The exercises that we are asked to do are designed to induce dizziness so it is difficult at first, but it is worth it in the long run. All of the therapy I received, and the exercises I have done at home have improved my balance and my vertigo so very much, I would recommend them to anyone. You have to be willing to endure the forced dizziness and possible vertigo apells (that became smaller and more tolerable each time until they were practically gone) for some time, but if you had 48 hour episodes like I once did, you will be willing to try anything. It is important to go to a physical therapist who specializes in vertigo or the vestibular system. Only a small percentage in many areas do. Inquire about this first before making your appointment. I visited three different offices before I found a good one.

Good luck

Karen